• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

cricrate: new cricket ratings website

viriya

International Captain
Test
Bowling
- Neil Wagner reaches top 10, Lyon drops out: cricrate | Current Ratings - Test Bowling

All-Round
- Ashwin reaches top 15 all-time: cricrate | Career Ratings - Test All-Round

Fielding
- Quinton de Kock with #11: cricrate | Performance Ratings - Test Fielding

ODI
Batting
- Warner drops out of top 10: cricrate | Current Ratings - ODI Batting
- Sharjeel Khan with #27, Ed Joyce with #83: cricrate | Performance Ratings - ODI Batting

All-Round
- Rashid Khan with #48: cricrate | Performance Ratings - ODI All-Round

T20I
Batting
- Eoin Morgan reaches top 10: cricrate | Career Ratings - T20I Batting
- KL Rahul with #32: cricrate | Performance Ratings - T20I Batting

Bowling
- Bumrah reaches top 10: cricrate | Current Ratings - T20I Bowling

All-Round
- Andre Russell reaches top 5, Bravo drops: cricrate | Current Ratings - T20I All-Round

FT20
Batting
- Gayle back in top 10: cricrate | Current Ratings - FT20 Batting
- Andre Russell reaches top 10: cricrate | Career Ratings - FT20 Batting
- Russell with #3 performance: cricrate | Performance Ratings - FT20 Batting

Bowling
- Zampa crashes out of top 10, Chahal takes #1, Russell reaches top 10: cricrate | Current Ratings - FT20 Bowling
- Steyn and Bravo reaches top 10: cricrate | Career Ratings - FT20 Bowling

All-Round
- Watson and Tanvir reach top 5: cricrate | Current Ratings - FT20 All-Round
- Tanvir reaches top 10: cricrate | Career Ratings - FT20 All-Round
- Andre Russell with the #1 rated all-round performance: cricrate | Performance Ratings - FT20 All-Round

Win Shares
- AB and Tanvir reach top 10 best, Thisara drops to top 5 worst: cricrate | Career Ratings - FT20 Win Shares

viriya

International Captain
Part of the point of things like the career ratings is to promote discussion. Even I don't agree with some of the placings but if you disagree with something please suggest a tangible feature that I can add or I am over or underrating that can improve the method.

Part of the reasons players like ashwin are rated higher than most people think is because the system tries to identify players with short great careers like barnes, lohmann, grimmett and o'Reilly.

viriya

International Captain
Frank Worrell 94th.... 50 places behind Kane Williamson.
Might seem blasphemous but I do think Williamson's career is already better than worrell's. The ratings difference is less than 100 points which is suggesting that kanes career is only somewhat better.

viriya

International Captain
Sweet mother of jesus. A collection of bowlers apparently worse then Ashwin: Donald, Waqar, Wasim, Trueman,
damn

I really like some parts of your site viriya but the career ratings are just awful
Garner, Holding, Walsh, Pollock

Cray
This criticism has made me rethink the penalty for shorter careers in Test bowling career ratings specifically. I will play with increasing it slightly. The current setup is partly in the interest of keeping Barnes, Lohmann, O'Reilly and Grimmett in the top 10, but I'm thinking only Barnes is definitely top 10 material.

the big bambino

International Captain
This criticism has made me rethink the penalty for shorter careers in Test bowling career ratings specifically. I will play with increasing it slightly. The current setup is partly in the interest of keeping Barnes, Lohmann, O'Reilly and Grimmett in the top 10, but I'm thinking only Barnes is definitely top 10 material.
In your other thread about cricodds you can make an adjustment (If I understand) for earlier ODI matches in calculating odds for a current run chase. Can you separate out earlier eras where players played fewer tests? I don't know your set up well enough. But if you can put a limiter, like a start date, to better refine your odds for a chase can you have say two or more top ten lists: One limited at say up to 30 and another limited to up to 60 tests and another unlimited? So present day players could have a chance featuring on all lists while old timers drop out after they reach their limit of tests but have been represented at least once.

Maybe too much trouble but you seem to be an avid stats nut (meant to be a compliment not an insult) that I think you'd do it if you thought it worthwhile.

Then again maybe you already have ...

Last edited:

viriya

International Captain
In your other thread about cricodds you can make an adjustment (If I understand) for earlier ODI matches in calculating odds for a current run chase. Can you separate out earlier eras where players played fewer tests? I don't know your set up well enough. But if you can put a limiter, like a start date, to better refine your odds for a chase can you have say two or more top ten lists: One limited at say up to 30 and another limited to up to 60 tests and another unlimited? So present day players could have a chance featuring on all lists while old timers drop out after they reach their limit of tests but have been represented at least once.

Maybe too much trouble but you seem to be an avid stats nut (meant to be a compliment not an insult) that I think you'd do it if you thought it worthwhile.

Then again maybe you already have ...
We went through this sometime back - earlier eras where less tests were played and modern eras where more are played are standardized somewhat based on duration of career.

I'm not a fan of separate career ratings - kind of defeats the purpose imo.

the big bambino

International Captain
Yeah na not really. Modern players can still get into the earlier lists so you can rate all players at one time against the same criteria. No adjustments necessary.