• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
In the next match Hadlee went wide of the crease to him and confused him about where his off pin was or wasn't and he was out for 9. Much to everyone's releif.
Makes me ask, could Boult use the crease more? He seems to have mostly stuck close the stumps.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Makes me ask, could Boult use the crease more? He seems to have mostly stuck close the stumps.
Good question and yes.

Furthermore during the last tour of England Alistair Cook was leaving him very well - after about 8 overs of watching that, the commenfators who included the venerable Michael Holding and Sir Ian Botham then immediately called for Boult to go wide of the crease.

Ahh a wicket. Soft one too.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Didn't see play yesterday - sounds like we were ok but not too ok, unlucky but not too unlucky.

I will be interested in how Steyn, Philander, Rabada go on this wicket against our batsmen - we'll lose early wicket(s) i.e. Guptill, maybe more, but I'm somewhat hopeful that if can get through to 30 overs without too much damage then there are runs to score on this wicket.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
This has been really poor bowling by NZ. The ball is swinging for both Boult and Southee yet both have been guilty of bowling both sides of the wicket. Too much rubbish being served up.

Keep it simple. Aim for top of off stump and let the ball do the job.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Did you not notice that AB and Elgar aren't playing?
Their 2nd and 3rd tier batsmen are better than ours.

Guptill and Nicolls aren''t Test standard, Amla* and Faf are better than KW and Taylor in these conditions.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
pray for SA to do something weird like bowl long hops when it's their crack tbh

oh good now there's inconsistent bounce.