• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Flem274*

123/5
you see this is the thing. for all the moaning about luck, SA are getting that because NZ spend half an over bowling on their pads.

example just there in fact. you lot are going to say how luck faf was since he just got cut in half, but the previous two balls were filth.

then there southee bowls the first one on duminys pads.

south africa won't be unlucky because south africa are good at bowling.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
you see this is the thing. for all the moaning about luck, SA are getting that because NZ spend half an over bowling on their pads.

example just there in fact. you lot are going to say how luck faf was since he just got cut in half, but the previous two balls were filth.

then there southee bowls the first one on duminys pads.

south africa won't be unlucky because south africa are good at bowling.
I hesitate to quibble with your points because they are essentially correct. The only nuance you might have inserted in your post is the stance and set up that most modern batsman use. Any ball at off stump or definitely middle and off stump is now a ball at the pads because the batsman are shovelling across in their pre-movement. Ultimately you need the odd delivery at the stumps to create uncertainty in the play and leave decision.

But overall correct most of those ones at the pads were probably heading at leg stump.

Sorry for the pedantic correction. I am just making coversation essentially and liked your point.

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
We'll be lucky to score 150 here.

Steyn, Philander and Rabada are going to run right through our batting, they're too good not to make use of conditions and our batsmen are nowhere near as good as theirs.

My pick is for SA to wrap it up within 4 days.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
This starting to remind me of David Boon batting against us in 1986. He scored 150 and left EVERYTHING outside off stump. It was a mind bogglingly determined and disciplined innings. In the end we ran him out because we couldn't dismiss him conventionally.

In the next match Hadlee went wide of the crease to him and confused him about where his off pin was or wasn't and he was out for 9. Much to everyone's releif.