• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Test cricket is just dumb. Always will be I daresay.
I agree with you but what's happened here and in the West Indies is nothing to do with cricket per se. It's incompetent administration and groundskeeping.

Something similar happened in China recently, a friendly between Man City and Man Utd was cancelled because the pitch wasn't fit for purpose. Doesn't make football dumb.

Stefan9

International Debutant
I agree with you but what's happened here and in the West Indies is nothing to do with cricket per se. It's incompetent administration and groundskeeping.

Something similar happened in China recently, a friendly between Man City and Man Utd was cancelled because the pitch wasn't fit for purpose. Doesn't make football dumb.
Difference is that football game was a preseason friendly, while these 2 matches are part of the top tier matches for cricket.

Football rarely has matches abandoned in their top tier comps. You can usually say you will get what you paid for with football and rugby but with cricket in a lot cases lots of excuses get made not to play and that's even before we get into the spectators being robbed from overs due to slow over rates.

Cricket needs to do a lot more to insure plays happens no matter what imho.

91Jmay

International Coach
There wasn't **** weather though, was bright and sunny in both SA and Windies today. Simply poor preparation.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Postponements are rare these days but will happen if there's **** weather.
Not when the sun is out on the day of the match though. Most football grounds in the top tiers will have proper drainage to deal with it.

This is due to poor facilities at both grounds...

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Not when the sun is out on the day of the match though. Most football grounds in the top tiers will have proper drainage to deal with it.

This is due to poor facilities at both grounds...
English grounds would have had proper drainage as well.

It's not a cricket issue, it's an incompetent groundstaff issue, which can happen in any sport.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well that was rubbish.

I understood why this was only a two-test series after our last tour, but these short series quickly turn into a farce with a little rain.

Rain has also made an NZ win all but impossible, while an SA win is still achievable if NZ collapse twice.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Pity because this was shaping up to be a cracker of a match. I mean we could still see a result but a draw makes an NZ series win more likely :ph34r:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Great so we get to wait for another 2 hours for them to invariably tell us it's still too damp..... Lol, what a *** embarrassment, they can't even get a sports stadium up to scratch.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Great so we get to wait for another 2 hours for them to invariably tell us it's still too damp..... Lol, what a *** embarrassment, they can't even get a sports stadium up to scratch.
I am pretty frustrated and wanted to take some pot shots at anybody vaguely responsible whether guilty or not, then I decided what the heck this suits us anyway. We weren't going to win this test match. Not from 25 for 2 and with Philander bowling grenades. Lets flush and move on and hope the next pitch is less Vernon friendly. I found that spell he bowled to our openers to be simply irresistible. I didn't see in the end how Martin got out, but he didn't look he was doing much wrong while I was watching yet and Tom were being completely outclassed.

This is a good news story and if we pilfer the next test we win the series.