• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Stefan9

International Debutant
Kingsmead really is pathetic. Can't dry their own field, we would have been playing at centurion and wanderers at start time...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
thinking cynically, South Africa really cbf scheduling a series with NZ but FTP says they have to so they schedule a 2 test series in August.

ffs I hate this rain.
It's not really the rain now though. I know it bucketed down overnight, but you can't help think they could have had the ground better prepared. I'm no groundsman, but surprised to read they're not using any special equipment on the worst areas to assist the sun.

Flem274*

123/5
thinking cynically, South Africa really cbf scheduling a series with NZ but FTP says they have to so they schedule a 2 test series in August.

ffs I hate this rain.
well in the unlikely event they were being mega cynical (and after NZs last two outings in the republic you could hardly hold it against them if they were) the joke is on them because they need these games more than NZ do.

anyway my NZ hat hopes it's a total washout for the day rather than 30 overs or whatever. that's just a hiding to nothing in swing bowling conditions for NZ, and gives SA three cracks at NZ with fresh Steyn and Philander. No thanks, roll on tomorrow night with SA needing to force the pace. if NZ can't win the series then 0-0 or even a 0-1 loss still improves them points wise on 0-2 last time out.

Stefan9

International Debutant
It's not really the rain now tbf. I know it bucketed down overnight, but you can't help think they could have had the ground better prepared. I'm no groundsman, but surprised to read they're not using any special equipment on the worst areas to assist the sun.
The bright sparks decided to relay the outfield in June so the ground isn't firm enough to use equipment. Did these idiots forget there is a test coming and they may need to be able to dry the ground?

Test should have gone to wanders, senwes park or Manguang oval.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

ffs I hate this rain.
Its not like SA have got any better offers... it makes more sense to play, might get a bit more for the TV rights then.

The bright sparks decided to relay the outfield in June so the ground isn't firm enough to use equipment. Did these idiots forget there is a test coming and they may need to be able to dry the ground?

Test should have gone to wanders, senwes park or Manguang oval.
While I agree that they should not have played the match here, that was CSA`s decision. The field at Kingsmead needed replacing for awhile. The unseasonable late rain just has not helped the recovering of the newly laid grass.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Its not like SA have got any better offers... it makes more sense to play, might get a bit more for the TV rights then.

While I agree that they should not have played the match here, that was CSA`s decision. The field at Kingsmead needed replacing for awhile. The unseasonable late rain just has not helped the recovering of the newly laid grass.
What cricketing reason was there to only replacing in mid june? Pretty sure the last domestic for last was played long before june...

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Courtesy of cricinfo..."2.10pm That's it for day 3 as well, folks. It's stumps, without a ball bowled today" - Absurd.

Wonder if anybody is accountable for this fiasco....

Meridio

International Regular
Great work by our batsmen in surviving an entire day against Steyn and co without losing a wicket. Well done lads!

Stefan9

International Debutant
I posted an article earlier.... they could not do it until the comrades was finishes.
Comrades is not cricket, they should have told them to take a different route this year if it was going to interfere with the cricket....

Anyway another day lost another embarrassment for CSA..

Courtesy of cricinfo..."2.10pm That's it for day 3 as well, folks. It's stumps, without a ball bowled today" - Absurd.

Wonder if anybody is accountable for this fiasco....
Accountability in SA sport?? Don't be silly if there was such a thing Domingo would be coach anymore...

91Jmay

International Coach
That is embarrassing. Sunny day by all accounts and no play. I wonder why Test match cricket is in trouble.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Comrades is not cricket, they should have told them to take a different route this year if it was going to interfere with the cricket....
:huh:

I think they should have changed the venue a few weeks back when they realized it would be a problem, I don`t think NZ would have minded..... that's CSA for you though, dire.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
It's times like this cricket (or is it cricket's administration) really shoots itself in the foot.