• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Needless to say, if we're going to compete in this test match we need a decent partnership here. Watling will probably need to contribute too.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Live video streams

2km from Kingsmead. Wet roads, but dry atm and people walking around. Probably another ideal swing bowling day, but I see there's 40-50kph winds forecast for New Zealand's bowling effort on Monday.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I suspect the damp outfield will be more of a nuisance today even if it stops raining. Pain in the ***.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Been waiting for this game!

My South African work college told me weather delays are unlikely,
You need to tell your work colleague to GAGF.

9.20am In fact, it had rained so hard last night that an inspection for 12pm has been scheduled. So, there goes the first session of play today.
Don't they do drainage in SA?? At least in England you can normally get back on an hour or so after the rain stops no matter how hard it's been.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Don't they do drainage in SA?? At least in England you can normally get back on an hour or so after the rain stops no matter how hard it's been.
I think in this case it might be persistent rain from the last couple of weeks that has not allowed the outfield to recover..... we are just coming out of our rainy season, which has actually come in a bit later this year.

Its still bloody irritating though...

Confirmation:
http://www.espncricinfo.com/south-africa-v-new-zealand-2016/content/story/1047537.html

Last edited:

Burgey

You need to tell your work colleague to GAGF.

When it rains in England it tends to rain lightly for ages in an appropriately insipid way. In the Southern Hemisphere it just ****ing hammers down when it decides to rain.

Except in Melbourne. But, you know, that's Melbourne.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Poor Guptil, he had been working hard at his game and he was displaying some new techniques and softer hands. Hope he goes better next dig.

Zinzan

Poor Guptil, he had been working hard at his game and he was displaying some new techniques and softer hands. Hope he goes better next dig.
He better do or I'll be even closer to losing my avatar bet than I already am. That was incredibly tough batting conditions yesterday, must be said, but was disappointing he still looks such a relatively easy LBW candidate.

Also give yourself an uppercut for still misspelling Guptill's name after all these years.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
thinking cynically, South Africa really cbf scheduling a series with NZ but FTP says they have to so they schedule a 2 test series in August.

ffs I hate this rain.