• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

SeamUp

International Coach
what medium pace/filth spin bowling allrounder would you like to bring in if duminy got the bin?

i know six batsmen are an option but with the current attack being so injury prone i'd prefer a fifth bowler, but is it feasible?

well played amla
For tests right now the only option is 6/1/4 with Elgar as the 5th and van Zyl is he comes in.

Cook, Amla, AB, Faf, Bavuma, Rossouw just can't bowl & in Faf's case anymore.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
what medium pace/filth spin bowling allrounder would you like to bring in if duminy got the bin?

i know six batsmen are an option but with the current attack being so injury prone i'd prefer a fifth bowler, but is it feasible?

well played amla
Duminy probably won't even be the fifth bowler in this lineup. His bowling has really deteriorated and given he's so similar (in style rather than quality) to Piedt I reckon Elgar will probably bowl more overs.

If they actually did pick a fifth bowler it'd be Morris or Parnell, which is why they're not doing it.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
That's the second half volley from Wagner that Faf has just blocked.

I know they're friends and all...but come on, this is international cricket.

Flem274*

123/5
Duminy probably won't even be the fifth bowler in this lineup. His bowling has really deteriorated.
well then there's not much point to him really, unless "best reserve batsman in SA" really is between him and van Zyl. Selectors have no love for Rossouw?

91Jmay

International Coach
Great bowling from Boult. Such fantastic areas, so glad he is back on song.

Great knock from Hash, but NZ have a massive chance for a sub 280 dismissal now.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
well then there's not much point to him really, unless "best reserve batsman in SA" really is between him and van Zyl. Selectors have no love for Rossouw?
They could get two players in one if they picked Richard Levi.

But nah I'd be keen to see Rossouw, van Zyl is a complete hackfraud. Just get the feeling he'd end up a meme player in the disappointing category.