• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Moss

International Vice-Captain
And there he goes. Take that haterz etc.

He was bowling better in the last couple of overs tbh

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, I don't hate Bracewell as much as Dan, and I wouldn't be that surprised if he made us all look stupid and had a decent game here.. but when you start talking about going the Franklin route and focusing more on batting I think it makes his selection in this match really, really niche. The justification is that he's a better allrounder than the other bowlers and a better bowler than the other allrounders, even though there are better allrounders and better bowlers than him, and when you get into that realm it's almost Ellis-esque. It's not exactly a defined role and I think he has a very tenuous grasp on it. I would've gone with Anderson and made Santner into the team's Moeen.
Despite all this I'd quite like him to do well and Elgar makes my eyes bleed, so that wicket made me smile. :)

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Say more bad things about Bracewell guys

That was one of those can't-get-the-seam-straight cutters that make him half ok in ODIs

Flem274*

123/5
as possibly doug bracewells only remaining fan (i love unfashionable allrounders ok) who realises his test career will probably not last much longer as bowlers with more potential develop, that wicket makes me happy.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
as possibly doug bracewells only remaining fan (i love unfashionable allrounders ok) who realises his test career will probably not last much longer as bowlers with more potential develop, that wicket makes me happy.
I still regard myself as a fan, just a pessimistic one at this stage. The other options spoken of in the media were Henry and Sodhi and I'm glad Bracewell was picked ahead of them; I just would've stacked the batting even further and I think his selection relies on a very specific, tenuous and fortunate (for him) balance requirement perspective.

Flem274*

123/5
I still regard myself as a fan, just a pessimistic one at this stage. The other options spoken of in the media were Henry and Sodhi and I'm glad Bracewell was picked ahead of them; I just would've stacked the batting even further and I think his selection relies on a very specific, tenuous and fortunate (for him) balance requirement perspective.
CW abused Elliott, O'Brien and Wagner into being international quality. Maybe it can do the same for Doug.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I like the idea of Bracewell, in some ways I was hoping his career would match that of Southee: goodish start, then ****, dropped, and then return better than ever and become an integral part of the side.

Hasn't really happened though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Christ. I had no idea just how bad Duminy's test record was.
Haha yeah it creeps up on you. You tend to think he's had a rough trot lately but has performances behind him, the rough trot has been going for so long now that he barely averages over 30 anymore.