• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Marius

International Debutant
Why the hell is Bracewell still playing Test cricket?

69 wickets at 38 in his career, made considerably worse when you take into account him beating up Zimbabwe. He literally has that 6-fer at Hobart and...what exactly? Hobart aside, he's never taken more than 3 in an innings, and it's not like he's been bowling super-dry in recent years either.

#Baker4BCs
Maybe he's in the squad to fill NZ's 'guy who can't play cricket' quota?

CM Punk

State Vice-Captain
Commies keep talking about SA's #7 ranking, they don't need to worry as we'll likely hold it once this series over.

Howsie

International Captain
he's talking a lot about batting so i think he's going the james franklin route. looks less unco when defending than franklin did but hmmm

looks like a 5th bowler out there atm. hope it changes.
Which is ****ing stupid. New Zealand already have Anderson, Neesham and Santner as all rounders, he's never going to get his batting to that level.

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Was just going to say Boult will bowl worse spells for a heap of wickets. Well deserved

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
he's talking a lot about batting so i think he's going the james franklin route. looks less unco when defending than franklin did but hmmm

looks like a 5th bowler out there atm. hope it changes.
I think picking Anderson would make a lot more sense if that's the rationale though.

I've never been an Anderson believer in the same way some others (Howsie especially) on here have been but I think he's a bit stiff to be behind Bracewell for the role he's in and even Nicholls as a bat in a way.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Boult to Cook, OUT, gone! Cook has to play and gets a thin edge. How do you play that? Just like how Cook did. Fuller than a good length on off - the ball moves away just late enough. It's on off, Cook has to play but that late, late shape is responsible for Cook getting a thin edge to Watling who takes it chest height. The ball of the morning accounts for Cook, absolutely unplayable.

SC Cook c †Watling b Boult 20 (58m 53b 1x4 0x6) SR: 37.73
crapinfo thinks it was pretty good.

Flem274*

123/5
Which is ****ing stupid. New Zealand already have Anderson, Neesham and Santner as all rounders, he's never going to get his batting to that level.
might make himself a quality #8 though, which gives him a shot at being a decent bowling allrounder in a "cog in the machine" kind of way
I think picking Anderson would make a lot more sense if that's the rationale though.

I've never been an Anderson believer in the same way some others (Howsie especially) on here have been but I think he's a bit stiff to be behind Bracewell for the role he's in and even Nicholls as a bat in a way.
i don't think anderson is the bowler to do the job they want bracewell to do. anderson has a golden arm some days but he's also very leaky.