• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
England play so much cricket don't they? Can't imagine Australia every playing 7 tests in a summer. Not that I'm complaining, living in England.
6 is the max Australia play. They came close to 7 this summer when the South Africa series was originally meant to be 4 test matches but was cut down unfortunately.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
England play so much cricket don't they? Can't imagine Australia every playing 7 tests in a summer. Not that I'm complaining, living in England.
Yep. There's really no way they can squeeze in any more without killing the bowlers.

burr

State Vice-Captain
This England side is genuinely likeable - shifting from brilliance to mediocrity. So fun to watch as a neutral. Can imagine it would be enormously frustrating if I was an England supporter, particularly given their awesome potential (well they will have to fix the top 5 problem obviously).

Pakistan, take a bow. I'm very proud of them and just sad they can't display their wares at home.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
We needed to look very hard to find a player worse than Robson, Lyth and Morgan but we managed it convincingly with Vince. Some effort. Back to hampshire you go and maybe we will replace you with someone who can actually catch more than half his chances and get a 50 once in a while.

smash84

The Tiger King
but the pitches have been sporting and result oriented which has made for good viewing. And thankfully Pakistan have fought well. If they can put up this spirit in Australia as well later in the year then it would make for fantastic viewing.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Really depressing sporting day for me, but in the end, maybe this will hasten the deadwood out of England's side, if we'd won the series, Hales, Finn, Vince and Ballance may have all held onto their places, now they need to be scythed for the India tour.

Last edited:

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
This England side is genuinely likeable - shifting from brilliance to mediocrity. So fun to watch as a neutral. Can imagine it would be enormously frustrating if I was an England supporter, particularly given their awesome potential (well they will have to fix the top 5 problem obviously).

Pakistan, take a bow. I'm very proud of them and just sad they can't display their wares at home.
We could and should have fixed some of the middle order issues before this test really. The selectors like to give everyone a fair crack but we have gone too far the other way from the conveyor belt of the 90's.

Hale's probably just about deserved to see out the series. Vince did not.

Ballance hasn't addressed the issues he was dropped for. No idea why he was brought back.

Pothas

We needed to look very hard to find a player worse than Robson, Lyth and Morgan but we managed it convincingly with Vince. Some effort. Back to hampshire you go and maybe we will replace you with someone who can actually catch more than half his chances and get a 50 once in a while.
I think it safe to say is finally it for him, will take a huge effort for him to get back in as well, only 25 but such a huge amount of work to do.

Hales is pretty bad a well. 11 Tests now, I think we have seen enough.

Pothas

They are frustrating but it is one of my favourite ever England sides, like them so much more than the team that was actually really good.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it safe to say is finally it for him, will take a huge effort for him to get back in as well, only 25 but such a huge amount of work to do.

Hales is pretty bad a well. 11 Tests now, I think we have seen enough.
Yeah, think Hales will be kept if only to stop making too many changes in one go.

They may be very tempted to take Hameed on tour though.

burr

State Vice-Captain
As I see it, England have to play Moeen as a batsman. He is a batsman, a fine one. But he will never be a bowler.