• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
@Zinzan
Five or six, depending on whether you thought Raza's lbw was out last night (probably umpire's call).

vandem

International 12th Man
Think I count four umpiring shockers in that innings. Raza's lbw last night looked 50/50 as well. Really unfortunate for Zimbabwe.
Three.

The Cremer lbw was a reasonable call in real time. Looked to have hit bat and pad and Cremer was pushing the pad a little ahead of the bat.

Shady Slim

International Coach
ervine, prince, and kramer all would have been reprieved by re watching the fricking footage

even srinivasan would agree that's probably fine... actually why isn't video replay DRS standard, this shows it should be

Shady Slim

International Coach
Three.

The Cremer lbw was a reasonable call in real time. Looked to have hit bat and pad and Cremer was pushing the pad a little ahead of the bat.
but it was wrong, common sense and a video replay review would have shown that

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Rubbish just rubbish. After 4 good days of cricket. Do the umpires have an early flight out or something?

Obscure memory: Anyone remember this Sharjah tri series final in 1996 where NZ had Pakistan all out for 150 and looked on course for a major upset? I think around 5 dubious lbw decisions that day ensured NZ continued the trend of being Wasim and Waqar's whipping boys in that decade

Last edited:

vandem

International 12th Man
but it was wrong, common sense and a video replay review would have shown that
Video replay, yes.

Common sense, how? Batsman is thrusting his pad down the line of the stumps to an offie bowling around the wicket. Ball straightens, takes bat/pad or pad/bat and would have gone on to hit the stumps. Is it common sense to think that it must have been bat first ???

91Jmay

International Coach
Video replay, yes.

Common sense, how? Batsman is thrusting his pad down the line of the stumps to an offie bowling around the wicket. Ball straightens, takes bat/pad or pad/bat and would have gone on to hit the stumps. Is it common sense to think that it must have been bat first ???
You appear to be missing the point that it is literally the umpires entire job to decide whether it hits the bat or pad first, and given the rest of their glaring errors in this match it is fair enough to not feel very charitable towards them,

Good preparation for NZ I would say though. Zimbabwe fought hard and NZ looked in really good order all around aside from their spin options, which aren't going to be very relevant anyway.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why QDK? Is he a bit of a Watson when it comes to DRS?
Very excitable....he has convinced AB to go for a number of referrals where the bat and ball where an inch apart and no sound... I will put it down to youth at the moment.

vandem

International 12th Man
Reifel's been *** for a while now hasn't he?
Thought he was good when the Lankans visited last year.

Checked Cricinfo scorecards, last 3 tests with DRS for Pistol:
NZ v SL, 5 DRS appeals, 4 struck down, 1 upheld.
Pak v Eng (UAE), 8 appeals, 7 struck down, 1 upheld
Pak v Eng (UAE), 8 appeals, 8 struck down.

Or perhaps you meant some earlier series?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
KW mentioned they're about to have a few beers with Zim. Drinks better be on NZ long into the night after that.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thought he was good when the Lankans visited last year.

Checked Cricinfo scorecards, last 3 tests with DRS for Pistol:
NZ v SL, 5 DRS appeals, 4 struck down, 1 upheld.
Pak v Eng (UAE), 8 appeals, 7 struck down, 1 upheld
Pak v Eng (UAE), 8 appeals, 8 struck down.

Or perhaps you meant some earlier series?
I could be wrong, it might just be coincidental that I've seen just about all his bad ones then.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Well, good bye Zimbabwe. Sometimes their cricket wasn't the best, but there were some admirable individual performances and as a team it was an all-round better showing this second test. Really hope they can keep playing cricket and improving, and that the situation in the country improves in time too.