• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand tour of Zimbabwe and South Africa 2016

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The Raza 'back away to leg, expose your stumps and try to smear through point' thing is how he'll try to score all his runs, btw. It's surprisingly effective sometimes but it won't be good viewing.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
William's stiffed there, but jeez he didn't look like a cricketers asshole that knock.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
So what would a Zimbabwe XI look like if they had all the players that left for England or other shores, or retired early?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
William's stiffed there, but jeez he didn't look like a cricketers asshole that knock.
Agreed, initially I thought he was out because how could the ball have gone that far without coming off the bat? But then I saw the replay, and even though it was a poor quality replay, it looked like he missed it completely. Speaking of replays, what's with the lack of 3rd umpires?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Does no one bowl short in Zimbabwe or something?
It might just be a symptom of a lack of high quality cricket in recent times for some of these guys. When the best fit seam bowlers in the country are supposedly Tiripano and Chinouya, you're not facing a lot of stuff like this, and they haven't played a Test in ages (or even ODIs against decent opposition in a while). Raza is Raza but the rest of them are usually better against the short ball than what they've shown here; I expected better from the batting tbh.

:lol: @ Wagner bowling short and wide to Raza though. He didn't even need to back away to cut that one; all his Christmases etc.