• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
9 times in 10 Tests Woakes has taken a wicket in his first over of a spell/day/session.
He wants to be careful - bowlers who make a habit of doing that tend to find their cats get trapped under the floorboards forcing them to drink and drive

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Different country, conditions and pitches - completely predictable outcome to Pakistan fans.

Daemon

Different country, conditions and pitches - completely predictable outcome to Pakistan fans.
I think I haven't read the posts you were directing that at. I thought they were meant for posters who said that overall the two lineups aren't that far apart, in all conditions.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I'd still probably pick 3 of the Pakistan top 6 for England. It's not exactly men against boys
Yeah, the difference for me is that Cook and Root are the best 2 batsmen currently available in the series. England's middle order is still quite pants.

Groundking

International Debutant
Cook
Root
Shafiq
Younus
Misbah (c)
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Broad
Yasir
Anderson

I don't think you can argue with that for a combined side.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Cook
Root
Shafiq
Younus
Misbah (c)
Stokes
Bairstow
Woakes
Broad
Yasir
Anderson

I don't think you can argue with that for a combined side.
I think before the series I' have picked one of Pakistan's left armers as 3rd seamer, but while we were waiting for one of them to claim it Woakes did.

Top_Cat

Quoting combined sides is pointless. Forget the rest, both sides' batting come down to 4 guys; Root, Cook, Younis and Misbah. Only two of those guys are going to put on hundreds when the ball bounces or swings even a little that'll hurt the oppo.

Also, the quality of the tail batting barely resembles each other, Pakistan are 5-out/all-out. England can take risks whereas the two Pakistan guns have to bat in a rearguard even if conditions are good. England in the field basically never have to actually defend which is a huge leg-up for any team but especially in England.

Last edited: