• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Compton

International Debutant
Agreed, given that we have such a lack of quality batsmen and seeing as we need to find a 2nd spinner for the winter we can probably play him and Woakes and Bairstow as 5,6 and 7 with 2 spinners following that (presumably Moeen and Rashid) and the new ball pair to follow. Still a ridiculous batting depth and lots of options for bowling. Can manage the workload of Anderson and Broad too without flogging them to death.
I reckon the team may end up something like this

Cook*
Hales
Root
Borthwick
Stokes
Bairstow
Buttler+
Moeen
Woakes
Broad
Anderson

I'd be inclined to try Billings before recalling Buttler, but it's clear that the selectors/Bayliss want Jos back in the side. I'm also not convinced the selectors have a lot of faith in Borthwick given their reluctance to pick him.

You'd need a second spinner (unless they want to show a lot of faith in Root and Borthwick) in SC conditions.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Hell of a lot of bouncers, especially from Stokes. Been a pretty effective plan B after the new ball didn't rip through.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stokes starting to put the pieces together to be a good Test quick. Getting the ball to to stand up and I think rather than trying to swing it all the time and floating it up there, starting to get that sort of bowling which will work for him, stock ball angling in with the occasional ball holding its line or moving away and testing the batsman's leave. You also drive him at your peril, making it so that every shot against him carries risk. So close to being a weapon.

Last edited:

Top_Cat

I mean at mid to high 80s, the guy is well quick enough but he probably feels a lot quicker onto the blade right now because the bats are having to decide what to do so late.

Last edited:

Compton

International Debutant
Assuming England are going to be enforcing the follow on, they should probably get Moeen on next change.

Daemon

I honestly hope there's a lot of rain and Pakistan lose the game with just 10 minutes to bat out. Stupid, defeatist batting.

91Jmay

International Coach
Batting again is pretty odd. Would have had a nice 50 mins with new ball then tea, perfect way to rest bowlers

Daemon

Disgusting batting. Filthy. All this after South Africa have shown blockathons are perfectly possible.

I don't agree with not enforcing this follow on.

Howe_zat

Audio File
We saw Wahab trying to defend, yeah? He was edging it through the slips like a james vince highlight reel

Trying to slog a few is as much as you can expect from your #10