• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
**** I'm jack of the zany dress up cricket fan phenomenon. Was amusing 10-15 years ago, but it's just lame as **** these days.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kinell Root that's just your getting out shot

Am I wrong in thinking that he has a crap record when restarting the next day?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It never struck me until this partnership where I've actually mixed them up a couple of times, but Woakes and Root have aesthetically quite similar batting styles.

Howe_zat

Audio File
IMO the game is as good as done from a Pakistan won POV. I know that sounds harsh but it's just he feeling I get with England bating as deep as they do this game and this many on the board already. Question is whether Pakistan can draw it from here and put them acid on England going into the third test. From that POV pakistan's first innings probably decides the game. If they bat into a decent part of day four there likely won't be enough time for England to force a result.

Would expect England to declare earlyish after pushing on hard on day two, maybe between lunch and tea. State of the series means they can't afford to meander at a normal pace deepinto session three today. Pakistan will, I imagine, try to limit the scoring rate and slow the pace of the game down as much as possible.
I think we had to wait for the possibility of early wickets this morning, and now that hasn't happened we're just about to reach this point now. Except for the early declaration bit. I'd hope we don't declare before tea.