• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Bit harsh, his spell in 2nd dig at Lords was pretty spectacular. Beat or hit the edge of Bairstow/Woakes almost every ball for about 3 overs.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
He can crank it to 88-89 for a few overs, would say it is about fair enough. Ain't many consistent 90 mph guys in the world. His action also seems to bring him onto batsmen quicker than they expect.
That's kind of my point. Blokes who can do that deserve the description 'fast' IMO.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well done Mr Cook. Now double it please.

Seems fairly rapid for Cook, his 2nd 50 has taken about 60 balls. Anyone know what his fastest tons have been?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit harsh, his spell in 2nd dig at Lords was pretty spectacular. Beat or hit the edge of Bairstow/Woakes almost every ball for about 3 overs.
Yeah I guess, not much other than that period where he has got it right though. Bowling below what he would like I think.

anil1405

International Captain
wait what? A PSL game between Lahore and Karachi has attracted more viewers than India vs Pakistan Quarter final in 2011?

91Jmay

International Coach
Well done skip, needed that ton for both team and for him. 203/1 is a great platform to kick on. Run rate is already very healthy and if Rooty goes up through the gears could get past 350 by close. Cook could well revert to his mean and slow down a bit though.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is it just me or is Sky's description of Wahab as 'left arm fast' somewhat generous?
I think there's a bit of a tendency to label quicks who just bowl straight as fast and those who get a bit of movement as fast medium, even if they're bowling the same speeds. If the guy reverses it then there's even more reason for them to call them 'fast' because of the myth that only express quicks reverse the ball.

I wouldn't take Wahab's title away from him though after that spell to Watto.

91Jmay

International Coach
Amir another unassisted wicket. He has been by miles the best Pakistan bowler, him being used so sparingly is pretty odd. Big wicket, they have an end to attack now. Expect to see Yasir back on shortly.

Great knock from Cooky, delighted he converted even if it was a 100 and out.