• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Groundking

International Debutant
I know it's been super warm recently, but why on earth would you prepare a dry wicket when they have a gun spinner and there's more good weather to come, idiots.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woakes is perfect at 8, with him there we can just pick the best spinner possible, even if he bats worse than Monty. We just don't have one to pick.
Yeah we have nobody. With Woakes 8 and Broad 9 there is clearly enough batting but no decent spinner means we are stuck with Moeen or Rashid.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Woakes has played a lot more of his career lower down as well has he not? Remember he kept scoring hundreds against Hampshire from 8. Stokes has always batted in top 6 for Durham.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
I know it's been super warm recently, but why on earth would you prepare a dry wicket when they have a gun spinner and there's more good weather to come, idiots.
I hate that groundsman prepare pitches anything other than the best they can. Having said that, in today's world it seems a bit shortsighted

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
In every game of ICC I've played with Warwickshire, Woakes has been a gun #6 and a pretty handy T20 opening bat. Not sure what that's worth, but #themoreyouknow

91Jmay

International Coach
Hales obviously has a little bit of credit in the bank (mainly because of the rest of the line up being so ****) but man he looks so far away from an international batsmen.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Woakes has played a lot more of his career lower down as well has he not? Remember he kept scoring hundreds against Hampshire from 8. Stokes has always batted in top 6 for Durham.
Scaly to come on and say Stokes plays on the hardest track in country and Woakes on a road.