• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol England, can't handle a defeat against a better side. Just admit it - 3 of your 5 batsmen are far from test class.
Neither are Pakistan's.... the single biggest difference was simply Shah. The difference a quality spinner makes too a side is so huge.

Speaking of which... what can England do regarding their batting line up?

Cook
Hales(Who should move into the middle order imo), is there no other opener in Eng?
Root (I like root at 3)
Vince (??)
Ballance (is he of ssufficientquality?)
Stokes (replacing Ball)
Bairstow

You can see the loss of Taylor is huge. And is their really no better spinner in England than Moeen? Who has neither shown enough as a batsmen recently or enough as a bowler.

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
BTW, Yasir is now the number 1 ranked bowler. And he's got there in 13 tests which has to be a record, right? He's had one of the ATG starts to a career.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
I hadn't seen cook whining about the celebration. I thought that the celebration was pretty good and a signal that the fitness boot camps at the military academy were working.

Definitely a better idea than sprinkling (sprinklering?) on the pitch.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
How is how many good batsmen they have relevant to this though? If their batting lineup was gun would it somehow make the comments about the celebrations more valid?
They should comment on their own inability, and give credit to the opposition

smash84

The Tiger King
England should feel much better having both Anderson and Stokes back. I am not sure how effective Rashid will be.