• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Niall

International Coach
Fantastic win from Pakistan, showed a lot of heart. I'd still back England to win the series, Stokes and obviously Anderson will help England hugely. Pakistan did a lot right this test, but their weaknesses are not going away anytime soon.

When was the last time a side without a worthwhile opener won a series in England?

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
I think the first test is a wonderful betting opportunity. I think Pakistan has at least the same chance as England. England batting order has at least 3 black holes (Hales, Ballance, Vince). Their bowling is good - but James Anderson's absence will test them on this flat Lord's track against a very experienced middle-order. I'm expecting great things from Amir, and Yasir Shah can be quite handful against England's lower-middle order which is largely untested against top-quality spin at best (I'll really miss James Taylor for the first time).

4.5 is a great odd under these circumstances. I've grabbed it with both hands.
So I am very very happy for this.

This has been my most profitable bet ever - more profitable than Moeen being top-scorer (when he scored that 150+) and Nepal U19 beating NZ U19.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well played Pakistan, outbatted, outbowled and outcaptained England there.

Hope the 2nd test and rest of the series is as entertaining.

smash84

The Tiger King
So I am very very happy for this.

This has been my most profitable bet ever - more profitable than Moeen being top-scorer (when he scored that 150+) and Nepal U19 beating NZ U19.
Yes well done. I was thinking you must have made a killing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Congrats to Pak and all Pak fans.. Been following the game simply for Yasir and am absolutely stoked for the guy. Expect England to come back hard.. Maybe change over Ball, Finn, Moeen for Stokes, Anderson and Rashid. That should really make them stronger IMO and I think we might see some made to order pitches hence forth. Dont expect any dry conditions again but it might backfire on England with Amir and Rahat looking the goods and Wahab always threatening to do Wahab stuff.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Bayliss hinting about a leggy for OT.

I'd be amazed after this is they don't produce a greentop but even so Rash for Moeen or Borthwick for Vince? Or both?

91Jmay

International Coach
Borthers got a half century today. Him in for Vince, Anderson in for Finn. I reckon they will give Moeen one more go.

Compton

International Debutant
Borthwick for Vince
Anderson for Ball
Stokes for Finn

Strengthens the batting, and gives another spin option for Old Trafford.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Bayliss hinting about a leggy for OT.

I'd be amazed after this is they don't produce a greentop but even so Rash for Moeen or Borthwick for Vince? Or both?
Errr why do they want a leggy? Obvious statement is obvious, but they don't have anyone nearly as good as Yasir.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
wel done Pakistan, Congrats on a very good victory..I gather its the first time in 20 years that Pakistan have won at Lords? Excellent stuff. Well done to Woakes again who has showed what a good player he is..I think the 40 odd from Vince may have just given him another test but personally , am not sure if he is up to it yet.. Riaz bowled really well and deserved more than the one wicket he actually got..

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Errr why do they want a leggy? Obvious statement is obvious, but they don't have anyone nearly as good as Yasir.
I think Bayliss has always wanted a leggie but the selectors won't pick one. Rashid bowls far too many fourballs. Borthwick is not anywhere near test quality bowling wise.

But then neither is Moeen.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Yasir really showed us what a quality spinner can do for an attack, when we had Pakistan three or four down there was always an old ball partnership while the attack could regroup. Pakistan's bowlers could just keep it coming. Difference between the sides right there.

While England have a lot of potential candidates to assist their middle order, not least bringing in Stokes for Finn to revert to the kind of safety in numbers that has seen them win a few series lately, it is very hard to see the spin question being answered any time soon.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Jimmy A ASAP
Him and Stokes back next week should strengthen the bowling and the batting for the next test, together with that and moving away from Lord's and onto some conditions that should suit the home side, I'm actually still pretty confident about the series.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Nasser was saying after the game that they're not 100% on Jimmy but Stokes is already cleared to play.

They won't risk Jimmy unless 110%