• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Its funny you talk about change of tempo because its what Misbah tried to do, but he just didn't execute. If that's in the stands everyone is praising him.

Game of inches.
Yeah and I'm not really sure we can blame Misbah for "getting bogged down" when block 5 and smash one for six is basically Misbah 101.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
You don't need to hit fours to bring in tempo. Keep taking ones and twos else bowlers will bowl their lines and batsmen will be overpowered sooner or later.

greg

International Debutant
This is England's now - we're just going to pick them off unless they change their tempo - becalmed at the moment
Whilst they are becalmed, i don't think you can ignore that the pitch is having a great deal of influence on this - it is clearly getting very slow and very difficult to score. Might be very difficult for England to chase anything much north of 200.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Younis reminds me of that time Graeme Smith looked absolutely woeful one innings - I think it was against England. He just was walking across and barely timing it and everyone here was going "WTF is he doing", but he gritted it out. Ended up getting runs

This is a bit different in that Younis is more jumping, but if he survives this and gets back some confidence it could be a very famous knock.

Last edited:

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
He might look all over the place but he's still there, Younis. That's the worrying thing. Pakistan have scrapped their way out of similar game situations against us recently.

Niall

International Coach
He might look all over the place but he's still there, Younis. That's the worrying thing. Pakistan have scrapped their way out of similar game situations against us recently.
Good point.

Although I do feel Sarfraz has somewhat regressed from a few years ago where he was easily the best batsman/wicket keeper in the world.

Cameos and little more from him these days.