• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England and Ireland 2016

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Do commentators have really poor memory or is it the fact that I have no life hence I remember these things? They were discussing earlier if Moeen ever opened the batting? I mean it was pretty much the same commentary team during the UAE series last October?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The umpire is feeling so cold. Has at least three layers on a windy day but I am sure it's not that cold.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
It's funny to hear Bumble and Botham moan about over rates and how it has worsened over the decades yet fail to mention DRS as part of the conversation. Unbelievable.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah but Rahat was there to be the stock bowler who bowls long spells. Amir's fitness and stamina over 5 days is unclear...and he is actually seems to be in a spot of bother about his hamstring. Wahab goes for runs and can't bowl long spells. Rahat adds that balance. If you want Imran, it would have to be instead of Wahab.
Wahab adds a bit of x factor in the line up although he's unpredictable when he's going to fire - either hot or cold most of the time. Haven't seen a lot of Imran khan so dont know if he can be the work horse. Not so sure about Rahat but now can relate to his selection criteria as you have mentioned

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Good effort by our middle order to get blown away by a leggie on Day 2 at Lord's.
Quite what he'll do to us in the 4th innings doesn't bare thinking about.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Err why are people comparing Bairstow's dismissal with Warne's 'flipper' against Alec Stewart?

There's no comparison at all. Bairstow tried to cut a full and straight ball. Just awful shot selection.

Alec Stewart basically went to cut a short ball and it went straight on instead of his usual big leg-break.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Wahab adds a bit of x factor in the line up although he's unpredictable when he's going to fire - either hot or cold most of the time. Haven't seen a lot of Imran khan so dont know if he can be the work horse. Not so sure about Rahat but now can relate to his selection criteria as you have mentioned
Imran can be the workhorse..is a decent bowler, bowls a nice line and has a brilliant inswinger that nipped Clarke. Check it out on youtube.

But Rahat has more in the bank I would say..Misbah really relies on him to keep things tight..at least that's how he was used in the UAE, hasn't quite worked here today. Plus he is a genuine swing bowler. Imran might not be as effective in that regard.