• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

Stapel

International Regular
Such tight calls MUST be reviewed by the umpire. Any umpire who thinks he knows better, is just being a dick and an arse. **** off Tucker!

Howe_zat

Audio File
Such tight calls MUST be reviewed by the umpire. Any umpire who thinks he knows better, is just being a dick and an arse. **** off Tucker!
we always moan when they check no balls tbf.

~

This looks not out to me, think he was hit outside, will probably be umpire's call though

edit: also he's hit it

Last edited:

Stapel

International Regular
Why overcomplicate things and not directly check it was outside off? To (my) naked eye that was always close.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Was a strangle between bat and thigh pad tbf, was hard to tell which came first. Immaterial in the end.

Reviews have really gone our way today.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Was a strangle between bat and thigh pad tbf, was hard to tell which came first. Immaterial in the end.

Not really, 3rd umpire was about to give Cook lbw on ball tracking even though he'd hit it.

The on-field calls have gone our way.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don't know why they don't do the ball tracking earlier. If it not hitting/staying as umpires call then they have no need to spend 5 minutes checking hotspot and RTS.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

It's one that should never have been giving out in the first place, definition of doubt all round.

Oh and I never complain about the third ump checking no-balls, in fact I think it should be their job.

flibbertyjibber

Oh and I never complain about the third ump checking no-balls, in fact I think it should be their job.
No idea why they don't have him sat there pressing a button that shines a big light every time the bowler oversteps. Given the cameras are there would it be that hard to run the feed for him to watch every delivery?

vcs

Automatic checking of no-balls using a pressure-sensitive strip behind the crease should be one of the easiest things to implement. Some of my previous students who've just gone into engineering college are doing just that.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Automatic checking of no-balls using a pressure-sensitive strip behind the crease should be one of the easiest things to implement. Some of my previous students who've just gone into engineering college are doing just that.
Alternatively, have some guy in a deck chair with a red flag at silly mid off, like for long jump.

stumpski

International Captain
Good from Hales, the first indication that England don't want to be batting all day? And good to see blue sky overhead - chance of playing till after 7.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Quite pleased for Hales in this series, I'm sure some would like to write it off because of dropped catches, but he's actually been one of few batsmen to stand up in bowling conditions that a lot of people said was unfair on the tourists.