• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
I am actually raging at that dismissal, it is so ****ing annoying. Big ton was there for the taking.

Spark

Global Moderator
I think asking for 200+ is a bit over the top. But yeah, Joe Root seems like the guy that gets out in the 70s or 80s when you don't expect it.
9 100s, 19 50s. You really think he should be doing better than that, the ease with which he's batted for two years now.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
A lot of the dismissals have been from really poor shots again. Sri Lanka have been steady with the ball and great in the field but we've been sloppy in giving them their chances.

And that neatly encapsulates what I just said.

Last edited:

91Jmay

International Coach
5 giveaways. ****ing awful. Bayliss should be shredding them.

Could there be a better summary of Vinces' career? Beautiful shots, effortlessly gets to 35 at a good rate then gets caught off cover off a nothing bowler.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
partnership breaker does it again..thing is Siri doesn't have huge amounts of ability but at the age of 30 has played a lot of domestic cricket and knows where his strengths and weaknesses are.Good cricketing brain...Another good catch

Last edited:

Groundking

International Debutant
I think asking for 200+ is a bit over the top. But yeah, Joe Root seems like the guy that gets out in the 70s or 80s when you don't expect it.
With the way he's batted, having a distribution of 50's=19 100's=8 200's=1 is really poor for a player of his quality IMO. I think he should have 5 or 6 more 100's and a couple more 200's. And once again he's gotten out poorly having batted wonderfully past 50, and failed to ton up.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
With the way he's batted, having a distribution of 50's=19 100's=8 200's=1 is really poor for a player of his quality IMO. I think he should have 5 or 6 more 100's and a couple more 200's. And once again he's gotten out poorly having batted wonderfully past 50, and failed to ton up.
Couple more 200s is pushing it. Even ATG players usually just get 4-5 doubles throughout their careers.

Bit yes, he really should be converting more when he's batting as well as he is.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
partnership breaker does it again..thing is Siri doesn't have huge amounts of ability but at the age of 30 has played a lot of domestic cricket and knows where his strengths and weaknesses are.Good cricketing brain...Another good catch
doesn't look like a 'good cricketing brain' when he bats

91Jmay

International Coach
Seems like they've let this partnership accumulate nicely. 40 more runs and I will feel ok, 100 more and will be in a really good position.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Seems like they've let this partnership accumulate nicely. 40 more runs and I will feel ok, 100 more and will be in a really good position.
yes agree, you just cant simply let Bairstow score at will..we need to limit his scoring and frustrate him otherwise he will ton up again.Also considering Ali is a very good player of spin, lets now feed him with it...

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's straight up ridiculous that he's still keeping in that much pain. I don't even actually think he's the best keeper in the eleven.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How do you review that?....That was always missing leg. Only QDK is probably worse at calling for a review.