• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Sri Lanka in England and Ireland 2016

91Jmay

International Coach
Hales will be absolutely kicking himself. This bloke looks an absolute spud, but that is a fantastic catch. Hales footwork there was lazy, didn't get back enough.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I guess Hales just doesn't want a test hundred to his name.

(c) I. Chappell wrt Graham Gooch about 35 years ago.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Hales will be absolutely kicking himself. This bloke looks an absolute spud, but that is a fantastic catch. Hales footwork there was lazy, didn't get back enough.
actually mate, he is a handy bowler who is known as a partnership breaker in SL, he has a knack of getting wickets early into his spell..

91Jmay

International Coach
actually mate, he is a handy bowler who is known as a partnership breaker in SL, he has a knack of getting wickets early into his spell..
Seemed like runs were on offer every delivery, I can see him being a partnership breaker though the two tend to go hand in hand sometimes. His average is nothing to sneeze at anyway!

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Seemed like runs were on offer every delivery, I can see him being a partnership breaker though the two tend to go hand in hand sometimes. His average is nothing to sneeze at anyway!
agree with you about the catching from us today, been very good..

Groundking

International Debutant
Like Bairstow last week he looks like he is playing on a different track to anyone else. Thing is he does it so often it frightening.
Yeah, for Root it's every other innings he has a knock where he looks like he's a playing a totally different game, the only thing with it is when he is at godly levels he doesn't go really big enough for me, that's pretty much the only thing against him atm IMO. If he went 200+ more regularly when he's in this kinda mode he'd be way ahead of flat track bull Smith and Williamson.

91Jmay

International Coach
Stinking dismissal, Root really needs to start putting these kind of attacks to the sword with big hundreds. He looked so good as well.

Groundking

International Debutant
Yeah, for Root it's every other innings he has a knock where he looks like he's a playing a totally different game, the only thing with it is when he is at godly levels he doesn't go really big enough for me, that's pretty much the only thing against him atm IMO. If he went 200+ more regularly when he's in this kinda mode he'd be way ahead of flat track bull Smith and Williamson.
FML, Oh well it was still a good knock, and Bairstow is the form man in the team, so we should still comfortably get past 350 or so, and I think our bowlers will be very hard to handle on this pitch.

Stapel

International Regular
I think asking for 200+ is a bit over the top. But yeah, Joe Root seems like the guy that gets out in the 70s or 80s when you don't expect it.