• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Adam Voges average watch

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This guy hasn't even played much in subcontinent yet. Once he does, that average will drop significantly.
Maybe. There's no doubt Voges can't be realistically compared with Bradman, but there's no doubt he's a lot better than Tendulkar.

Gob

International Coach
I've literally not seen a single person "down grading Bradman" based on the achievements of Adam Voges, and can't imagine anyone doing it. What would the argument be? It's not hard to average 100, as evidenced by one person doing it for a one year period?
Wait until we get a cricinfo stats article linking this Voges run to Bradman and check its comment section. Pretty sure you will find plenty

MrPrez

International Debutant
Wait until we get a cricinfo stats article linking this Voges run to Bradman and check its comment section. Pretty sure you will find plenty
Well if you read cricinfo comments for anything other than comedic value, you're doing it wrong.

indiaholic

International Captain
Maybe. There's no doubt Voges can't be realistically compared with Bradman, but there's no doubt he's a lot better than Tendulkar.
Way off target here. He is a Bangladesh fanatic. Probably convinced that Tamim is better than Bradman.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Voges averages 542 against the West Indies.

Edit:

This is by far the most anyone has ever averaged against a single opponent, the next highest is Rudolph with 293 against Bangers.

Last edited:

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Voges averages 542 against the West Indies.

Edit:

This is by far the most anyone has ever averaged against a single opponent, the next highest is Rudolph with 293 against Bangers.
293 isn't the second highest average anyone has ever had against a single opponent at some point in their career: Hayden at one point had an average of 380 against Zimbabwe, Mohammad Yousuf 378 against Bangladesh, and Ian Bell 350 against Bangladesh. (Don't know if these are the next best, but I'd be surprised if anyone has ever beaten 542).

Incidentally, Chanderpaul's average in his last seven innings against Bangladesh was 683.

Athlai

Not Terrible
293 isn't the second highest average anyone has ever had against a single opponent at some point in their career: Hayden at one point had an average of 380 against Zimbabwe, Mohammad Yousuf 378 against Bangladesh, and Ian Bell 350 against Bangladesh. (Don't know if these are the next best, but I'd be surprised if anyone has ever beaten 542).

Incidentally, Chanderpaul's average in his last seven innings against Bangladesh was 683.
Australia aren't scheduled to play West Indies in Tests again in the next few years and Voges is 36.

So end of career record FTW.

Howe_zat

Audio File
How often does someone average 100 for a year?

Williamson averaged 90 in 2015, I think Ian Bell or someone might have snagged in in 2010-11

aussie tragic

International Captain

Williamson averaged 90 in 2015, I think Ian Bell or someone might have snagged in in 2010-11
Ricky Ponting, 2003, 11T, 18Inn, 3NO, 1503 runs @ 100.20
Moh'd Yousuf, 2006, 11T, 19Inn, 1NO, 1788 runs @ 99.33
Michael Clarke, 2012, 11T, 18Inn, 3NO, 1595 runs @ 106.33

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

Pretty sure Ponting must've done it in one of those insane years between 2002-07. Also, Clarke in 2012 an obvious one.