• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, I think what meets the eye is probably mostly responsible for this. Walked past him at the Basin yesterday, and fmd if ever there was a man who meets Hitler's ideal of the the purebreed blue-eyed, blond haired Aryan master race it's Wags. A casual glance at those saphire blues after a couple drinks on a friday night and it'd be all she wrote.
haha

BeeGee

International Captain
This makes it absolutely ridiculous that he isn't a lock in the team.
In the last three years:
Wagner 15 matches 62 wickets 30.48 average 3.41 econ
Bracewell 10 matches 23 wickets 50.39 average 3.44 econ

And can we dispel the myth that Bracewell is the guy to keep things tight, while Wagner leaks runs?

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In the last three years:
Wagner 15 matches 62 wickets 30.48 average 3.41 econ
Bracewell 10 matches 23 wickets 50.39 average 3.44 econ

And can we dispel the myth that Bracewell is the guy to keep things tight, while Wagner leaks runs?
That's a telling one.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I mean he's not going to be the first guy on the team sheet but you'd have to give him about the same degree of incumbency as say Tom Latham, from those figures.

Meridio

International Regular
I'm trying to remember what exactly it was that got Bracewell back into the team after basically a couple of years out. Domestic performances, wasn't it? And he was supposed to be bowling a bit quicker and moving the ball. Well, we haven't seen any evidence of that, he looks basically the same as he did when he was dropped, though admittedly more accurate.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Big innings for Latham. Been flattering to deceive for 2 years now. He'll rarely be welcomed with more forgiving batting conditions. With the middle order looking so feeble, NZ desperately need him to step up and show he belongs.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I like Latham on the pull but he has to be a bit more selective about it - that ball wasn't the one to go after IMO.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I'm trying to remember what exactly it was that got Bracewell back into the team after basically a couple of years out. Domestic performances, wasn't it? And he was supposed to be bowling a bit quicker and moving the ball. Well, we haven't seen any evidence of that, he looks basically the same as he did when he was dropped, though admittedly more accurate.
Wagner had been bowling pretty rank in domestic cricket for the 6 months leading into the 2014/15 Sri Lanka series - pretty floaty nothing stuff. Bracewell had legitimately been bowling excellent in domestic cricket. I advocated for it at the time, but Bracewell hasn't really shown any improvement from his first stint in the national team. Meanwhile Wags went away and spent a lot of time working on his action and strength and is now looking his old self again.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Big innings for Latham. Been flattering to deceive for 2 years now. He'll rarely be welcomed with more forgiving batting conditions. With the middle order looking so feeble, NZ desperately need him to step up and show he belongs.
After watching him in the UAE I thought concentration was going to be his trade-mark, so not sure what's been happening with his getting out for 30s and 40s in the last 12 months,

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
After watching him in the UAE I thought concentration was going to be his trade-mark, so not sure what's been happening with his getting out for 30s and 40s in the last 12 months,
IMO it's a fitness issue. Can't seem to maintain his technique after about 80 deliveries.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, that Guppy swivel pull was certainly more worthy of a standing ovation than that dreck Voges innings.

#Caningit