• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Compton

International Debutant
Just look at the magnitude of the tantrum thrown when Mitchell Marsh was correctly given out and contrast that to the utter silence when it comes to things like needing to get Nathan Lyon or Adam Voges out twice.
Was the Voges dismissal seen on the screens? Presumably when they walked off the NZ players just sort of presumed it was the correct decision.

Spark

Global Moderator
This is the first time I've ever seen the NZ reaction to the Lyon non-decision at Adelaide characterised as "silence".

Gob

International Coach
Surely the most surprising part of this whole debacle is the reaction from Steve Smith. I would have thought that as soon as he saw the replay on the balcony tv he would have been so concerned that the umpiring system had followed poor processes that he would immediately have stood up on his pulpit, extended his arm out from the balcony and recalled Adam Voges to the pavilion. I'm certain Mitch Marsh sitting behind Smith would have been furious with the umpiring too, saying "that's ****'n bull****. Hey skip I really feel that the decision-making process was inadequate and undermines the competitive nature of this cricket match, not to mention the Spirit of Cricket. Do the right thing skip." ...or words to that effect.

I am at a loss as to why the above did not happen.
On field umpires calling no balls on field is a poor process? The umpire got the decision wrong of course but the procedure was there for i dunno 130 odd years. What happened with M Marsh was the reverse where the decision was right but the process was wrong with the big screen interfering the umps and that was what Smith's opinion that day as well

But its Steve Smith so its obviously his fault. In fact most of the wankers here would blame Smith for the spreading of the Zika virus in Mexico and starvation in Ethiopia so..

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australian cricket logic

If the decision benefitted Australia, then it was a good decision.
If it did not benefit them, then it was a bad decision.

Nothing else matters.
Ladies and gentlemen, if you look to our left you'll see irony dying a slow, painful death.

Spark

Global Moderator
There will be commentary this evening btw (or this morning, for those of you who aren't currently looking out at 10cm of snow)

burr

State Vice-Captain
Why is there some kind of rotunda on the hill at this cricket ground? I kept on spotting it last night. Seems a bit random.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Just look at the magnitude of the tantrum thrown when Mitchell Marsh was correctly given out and contrast that to the utter silence when it comes to things like needing to get Nathan Lyon or Adam Voges out twice.
Stop. Whatever it is you're doing, stop.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Does it reverse much at Wellington? Doesn't seem like the sort of deck where it would all that much

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Hazlewood is so arousing.

Pretty unfortunate for the Kiwis not to snare Viv 'Voges' Richards late in the day. Australia really needs to make the umpire pay for this and build up a huge score. It'll at least start to give us some batting confidence when away

BeeGee

International Captain
Hazlewood is so arousing.

Pretty unfortunate for the Kiwis not to snare Viv 'Voges' Richards late in the day. Australia really needs to make the umpire pay for this and build up a huge score. It'll at least start to give us some batting confidence when away
I think you'll find it's the umpire that needs to make Australia pay. A bunch of used notes in a brown envelope slipped under the door of his hotel room is the traditional method.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It really does feel like a day in which the ball will swing, unlike yesterday.

It will be interesting to see if they can coax any out of the 40 over old ball.

If we're batting later this evening it will be tough.