• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Just an odd sort of innings from New Zealand. Some superb batting, and some truly woeful batting. At the 40 over mark the skyscraper was perfectly in reverse.

Don't think Elliott, Anderson or Ronchi got a single ball out of the middle of the bat.

Guptill might pass KW in the ODI rankings if the very recent results continue for a bit.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
NZ paying 2.50 to win as we speak. Kinda ridiculous how weak a score of 300 is viewed these days

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Happy with that. Would have been even better if Henry had connected with one of those big heaves.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
NZ's bowling looks a bit light, so I think they'll fall short here. How did they not get at least 330 after that start.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
If you knew that KW would make a duck you'd definitely take 300.

You'd think we'd be ahead - bowled Aussie out for 160 last time at this venue, scored 300+ batting first, got the No. 1 and No. 7 ODI bowlers to come at them.

I don't feel ahead though somehow.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Milne is going the get smashed on this though.
You reckon? Yeah there's always the top-edge-6 problem at his pace on Eden Park but I'm more concerned with all of Boult, Henry, Anderson through the middle overs. They should know the right approach having watched some of the Aus bowlers, but may not be accurate enough to make it happen.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
You reckon? Yeah there's always the top-edge-6 problem at his pace on Eden Park but I'm more concerned with all of Boult, Henry, Anderson through the middle overs. They should know the right approach having watched some of the Aus bowlers, but may not be accurate enough to make it happen.
the "right" approach isn't the same against Australia's batsmen though. They're very strong off short of a length bowling so the same tactic won't work. our only hope (as usual) is to pitch it up and get early wickets cos we're not gonna restrict them on this later on

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, the ball is sitting up nicely on this surface, and Milne's tendency to err on the shorter side of a good length will see him get some serious tap here imo.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
the "right" approach isn't the same against Australia's batsmen though. They're very strong off short of a length bowling so the same tactic won't work. our only hope (as usual) is to pitch it up and get early wickets cos we're not gonna restrict them on this later on
Yeah, the ball is sitting up nicely on this surface, and Milne's tendency to err on the shorter side of a good length will see him get some serious tap here imo.
We'll see, ****s.

Excitement! Only Marsh though.