• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya the Amla-Bavuma partnership was really slow. They should have started attacking hard one hour after lunch.

Probably they were not too keen to bowl more than 100 overs with 3 bowlers.

91Jmay

International Coach
Batting 83 overs and still being under 3 RPO is really lax. Amla the senior player needs to take some responsibility.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What is the chance of having more play today?
Actually might be a chance, these are thunderstorms built up from the heat, if it rains itself out quickly and sun comes out play could go all the way to 6.. The thunderstorms came earlier than expected today.

91Jmay

International Coach
Yeah 100% declare now, nip a few out before close and win game tomorrow. I give us less than 5% of surviving this. Just not what the team is designed to do.

Stapel

International Regular
Yeah 100% declare now, nip a few out before close and win game tomorrow. I give us less than 5% of surviving this. Just not what the team is designed to do.
Is there a reason ABdV and/or the team are not risking a loss to increase the chances to win? Series already lost, no chance of whitewash. So why not go for it?

Stace

First Class Debutant
SA will be worried about Cook and Compton surviving today and setting it up for our dangerous middle order tomorrow, imagine if we chased it down they would get hammered by he media.

I cant blame them for not declaring now but they shouldn't be in this situation Amla should have upped his SR along with Bavuma once he was set.

Stapel

International Regular
12 overs today, 98 tomorrow (wheather permitting)? Hence 382 to get in 110 overs. Unlikely, but not impossible. I can't say 10 wickets look that probable either. Deck's still not misbehaving that much.

Stapel

International Regular
I hope Hales comes out blazing.
The only thing that could make this match interesting, imho.

Do England really care about 2-1 or 2-0? Series in the bag, might as well have a hack!

Oh, and of course there is Alastair Cook nearing 10000 runa.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks, I have a bet on SA so might take the in-play offer once Hales has gone and the offer is more reasonable with a draw likely.
Hales going won't change the odds by a huge amount...it may jump from 2.1 (the odd now) to about 1.9...

2-3 wickets today will see a big shift in odds - I may cash-out only in that case

Edit: 1.57...hmmm, I was wrong...You may take the offer if you want

Last edited: