• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Something I was just wondering. Have the likes of Lara, Chanderpaul, Younis, Sanga, Ponting, Dravid, Tendulkar & Kallis ever had 3 ducks in a row?
Ponting, definitely. Had an infamous run of outs against Pakistan turn of the century then followed it up with big scores before having an infamous run of outs in India before destroying the world for years.

Last edited:

vcs

So he isn't clearly the best at Tests as he is in the limited overs formats? Still one of the best 4-5 Test batsmen in the world, going through a bad patch. I'll take that anytime.

flibbertyjibber

I really hate when people say this... I know you need to perform in all conditions but that does not mean you need take 5 wicket innings in Asia. I can't see him not getting some swing considering how much he is getting here and he bowls full enough, and I would love to see some of the Asian bowlers deal with him on a flat Asian wicket!. As long as he doesn`t get absolutely hammered (which I doubt) he will have done his job. Sorry pet peeve...
Well he has to prove he can do it. No point being a flat track bully with bat in hand or only able to bowl well when it swinging miles. All players have to adapt, the best ones do it. People are talking him up as a great player so he has to prove it in all conditions. Nothing wrong with saying that is there. Sorry if it peeves you but it is a fact.

91Jmay

International Coach
AB isn't overrated, he is class.

We've bowled well for the most part (aside from Woakes) but SA will be delighted with their position. These two take lead past 320 then a flurry from De Kock and they should be able to declare with at least 15 overs left in the day with lead of 400ish.

flibbertyjibber

Good tough session that. Well played both sides.

We need 6 wickets in the next hours play or it just a total blockathon to save it when we do bat. That may help AB as well as timing the declaration may be tricky with them a bowler down.

Compton

International Debutant
Is Broad injured?

I can't see why the number one test bowler in the world has bowled less than any of Anderson, Woakes, Stokes, and Moeen.

vcs

It's very hard to be rated as clearly the best batsman in all formats simultaneously. How many have managed it? Sachin in '98. Ponting around '03. Probably Viv at some point. That's it. Basically he's not living up to the absurd expectations people have from him. Which is a compliment, in a way. He's also handicapped by not playing enough Tests and long gaps between series.

91Jmay

International Coach
"Just awoke in Boston and SO delighted to see ABD with another duck. Not that I don't like ABD -- I do. But a few years ago he briefly surpassed Walcott's record of lowest percentage of ducks in a career. Now that threat to the great Sir Clyde is gone even if ABD plays till he's 70 years old! But will someone PLEASE do something about Angelo Matthews?"
:laugh::laugh:

I love cricket fans.

testcricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I cant believe people are critiscising de villiers, why are people so quick to judge ,also ofcourse de villiers has faults, everyone has faults, it's what makes us human even the don had his faults