• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Stapel

International Regular
He'll be fine in the summer when he has full fitness and a few games behind him for Lancashire before the tests. Never thought anything else, he was brilliant 2 months ago in UAE so it was the injury not ability that hampered him this series.
The problem is that, at Anderson's age, there is the realistic chance he might not recover completely from an injury. Fast bowlers do break down occasioanlly.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
As much as I know we need more runs... Watch Duminy score a fast 50+ here and keep himself in the team for another year..due to his experience and bowling!! Would irritate me so much as I want van Zyl to take his rightful place at 5.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Missed opportunity with this partnership. As terrible as Duminy is he can occasionally be dangerous.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not yet. Has the Captain Grumpy down but unless his record as captain is better than not, will always be Diet AB.

StephenZA

Don't know whether to be happy or sad about that wicket... now hopefully Bavuma can put on a quick fifty.

Stapel

International Regular
Yeah this partnership has put SA into cruise control. About the declaration now in reality.
Just the one wicket makes things a bit different. SA won't put another 150 to their total, easily. My bet would be on the Saffers getting all out, but still win it, even without Abbott.

StephenZA

Stokes bowled so so well this test match. Control, swing, venom.

Developing at a rate of knots.
Still to early... but I will say he is the best all-rounder in world cricket at the moment... there is no obvious alternatives for me (sorry Shakib). It is so nice to see young top quality players coming through during this series...

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Just the one wicket makes things a bit different. SA won't put another 150 to their total, easily. My bet would be on the Saffers getting all out, but still win it, even without Abbott.
Yup, that's the likeliest result. These two plus de Kock are quite capable of raising the target to somewhere completely beyond us here.

Stapel

International Regular
Something I was just wondering. Have the likes of Lara, Chanderpaul, Younis, Sanga, Ponting, Dravid, Tendulkar & Kallis ever had 3 ducks in a row?

StephenZA

Be great at home but the real test for him is next winter in Asia, we learn then how good he really is.
I really hate when people say this... I know you need to perform in all conditions but that does not mean you need take 5 wicket innings in Asia. I can't see him not getting some swing considering how much he is getting here and he bowls full enough, and I would love to see some of the Asian bowlers deal with him on a flat Asian wicket!. As long as he doesn`t get absolutely hammered (which I doubt) he will have done his job. Sorry pet peeve...

Woakes watch - his bowling average has just passed 60.
This is what makes me not worry about Abbott, at least an injured Abbott is better than a working Woakes. :)

Last edited:

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Well, an Anderson top spell was due. He hasn't had things going his way this series, but this was coming.

What about ABdV? Such a great batsman. He had a collection of good strats without conversion. So you'ld expect a biggy, rather than three ducks in a row......
AB is the world's most over-rated Test batsman.