• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Gob

International Coach
Morkel has sort of been good of late hasn't he? Bowled pretty well in India and did alright here too. Steyn will return when fit obviously but i'm less convinced with Vern. Very hard to drop a man with such a record but i honestly can't recall the last time he bowled a good spell

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rabada will definitely be in the squad, he is now guaranteed 4th seamer above Abbott (as good as he has done)... the only question is will they play him above Morkel..... but with Philander back they may just drop Duminy and have QDK at 6 and Philander at 7

PS. I really don`t know why they picked Duminy over Rillee this game if he is not even going to bowl (he is behind Elgar now apparently!!).

91Jmay

International Coach
Morkel has sort of been good of late hasn't he? Bowled pretty well in India and did alright here too. Steyn will return when fit obviously but i'm less convinced with Vern. Very hard to drop a man with such a record but i honestly can't recall the last time he bowled a good spell
No he has basically been between **** this series outside of two spells.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Big Vern tends to get man flu whenever he's presented with a flat wicket so probably won't play in Australia.

~

Not following on could make an impact, but only if there's more rain. As it is SA wouldn't enforce it.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Nice delivery, hard hands from Stokes but can't criticise him we have to give him that license. Going to be on the end of a hammering here. Don't think anyone thought our batting was good enough yet though.
Wouldn't put too much blame on the batsmen this game. More on bowlers and fielding (and losing another toss) - 475 was way above par. Shame because SA are now knackered.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Turned over to the football in disgust and the first thing they show once the ads are finished is the dismissal in the cricket. **** sake.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
As daft as it is we could still be in this game. Nobody bar Rabada looks dangerous and he is knackered so will hardly bowl again today and if Broad and Moeen are able to bat for an hour or so we could get the lead below 100 and with the Saffers tendency to lollapse so often we may yet have a chance.

More realistic is Broad throwing it away and Jimmy getting a duck and the lead being well over 200 at the close of play but you never know.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Oh come on Woakesy that's just ****.
Sums up his match really. Perhaps the selectors feel that his 26 runs make up for his hopelessness with the ball.

Rabada looks quite a prospect, doesn't he. Forgive me if it's already been discussed, but SA have a bit of a dilemma if Steyn and Philander are ever both fit again. Maybe Morkel will cash in on a very wearing 4th innings pitch in a dead rubber, but for me he'd be the one to miss out behind the other three plus Piedt.

LegionOfBrad

International Debutant
Yeah that session showed if it wasn't for the mini collapse we could have got close. Especially with Abbot being crocked.