• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

Flem274*

123/5
IF (if) Australia didn't beat NZ missing Taylor, Southee and the real Boult then they should only be allowed to play home tests tbh. With the evenness of test cricket atm those a huge holes in the kiwi boat that you just can't plug overnight.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
From the sounds of things Southee will probably be fit, Taylor probably won't be, and it's pretty clear that Boult won't find his lost 10kph in the next 3 weeks.

Then again for Australia Starc is gone, and Patto is under an injury cloud (and maybe Haze too?). So I'd say things are pretty even on the injury front.

Spark

Global Moderator
From the sounds of things Southee will probably be fit, Taylor probably won't be, and it's pretty clear that Boult won't find his lost 10kph in the next 3 weeks.

Then again for Australia Starc is gone, and Patto is under an injury cloud (and maybe Haze too?). So I'd say things are pretty even on the injury front.
Nah Haze is completely fine, just rested. Patto's injury honestly sounds like a cotton wool injury tbh, I can't see it keeping him out of a Test. Haven't heard word on Siddle.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
IF (if) Australia didn't beat NZ missing Taylor, Southee and the real Boult then they should only be allowed to play home tests tbh. With the evenness of test cricket atm those a huge holes in the kiwi boat that you just can't plug overnight.
at least wait until the series has started before bringing out the excuses

Plus Australia have about 600 seamers.
Bit of a myth right now IMO

with 4-5 injuries and retirements of Harris & Johnson it's not quite what it used to be

look at the recent India ODI series as an example

Gob

International Coach
If Bird and Chadd are next in the pecking order after Haze, Starc, Pattinson and Siddle, then thats alright but they start going full ****** with Fekete and Boland. As Kirk Lazarus said, you should never go full ********

Anyway if the wickets turn out to be as seamer friendly as they are being predicted, i'd have

Burns
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
SMarsh
Neville
Pattinson
Bird
Hazlewood
Lyon

They should be little bit flexible with the allrounder policy imo. I can understand having MMarsh on flat Aust conditions to share the workload but his out put on a helpful wicket with the bat atm will be like zero and in such conditions, 4 quicks should be able to do the job and the extra batsman will be invaluable

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
At one point I considered you and I as online chums. Not anymore apparently based on this. Not sure why really this has come about but it has.But I expect it makes sense to you in your logical world.
I offered you a handshake to overcome what was a trivial conversation about Kane Williamson's bowling but you have responded with profanity. I suspect but don't know for sure that you and others have been "talking" in general and that you volunteered to rark me up.

I will go ahead and put you on ignore for the forseeable furture.

Last edited:

Spark

Global Moderator
If Bird and Chadd are next in the pecking order after Haze, Starc, Pattinson and Siddle, then thats alright but they start going full ****** with Fekete and Boland. As Kirk Lazarus said, you should never go full ********

Anyway if the wickets turn out to be as seamer friendly as they are being predicted, i'd have

Burns
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
SMarsh
Neville
Pattinson
Bird
Hazlewood
Lyon

They should be little bit flexible with the allrounder policy imo. I can understand having MMarsh on flat Aust conditions to share the workload but his out put on a helpful wicket with the bat atm will be like zero and in such conditions, 4 quicks should be able to do the job and the extra batsman will be invaluable
Which is not much good if you pick three.

Blanco

Cricket Spectator

Burns
Warner
Khawaja
Smith
Voges
SMarsh
Neville
Pattinson
Bird
Hazlewood
Lyon

Is Shaun more likely than his brother to score runs on helpful wickets. I have my doubts about S. Marsh agains the moving ball. Anyways it is unlikely we will see Australia going without an all rounder. I totally disagree with the view that selectors should be flexible with the all rounder policy. For any player to improve and gain consistency continuity is key. Either MMarsh is consistently one of the 6 bats picked or he gets dropped to improve on what ever deficiencies he may have ( batting for his state in the top 4). Picking MMarsh only on flat pitches will certainly not do his confidence any good, and certainly wont improve his bowling, well his batting may flourish, but then again we are picking MMarsh the all rounder. Pick him and allow him to play in a variety of conditions, so he can get the opportunity to bowl and bat in a variety of situations and guess what this will improve the likelihood that he will maximise the potential that he posses( and that is all selectors can do).

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Unless the wicket absolutely screams "greentop" ala Hobart 2011, I wouldn't be dropping MMarsh for the extra batsman. The NZ wickets which have offered plently of assistance in recent times have generally done so only on day one. As I recall, MMarsh was a handful for the NZ batsmen in the November series.

Last edited:

Gob

International Coach
Is Shaun more likely than his brother to score runs on helpful wickets. I have my doubts about S. Marsh agains the moving ball. Anyways it is unlikely we will see Australia going without an all rounder. I totally disagree with the view that selectors should be flexible with the all rounder policy. For any player to improve and gain consistency continuity is key. Either MMarsh is consistently one of the 6 bats picked or he gets dropped to improve on what ever deficiencies he may have ( batting for his state in the top 4). Picking MMarsh only on flat pitches will certainly not do his confidence any good, and certainly wont improve his bowling, well his batting may flourish, but then again we are picking MMarsh the all rounder. Pick him and allow him to play in a variety of conditions, so he can get the opportunity to bowl and bat in a variety of situations and guess what this will improve the likelihood that he will maximise the potential that he posses( and that is all selectors can do).
Yes. He made a hundred on that Centurion pitch and more recently he made 49 and looked all class in Adelaide when it was hooping around and without that knock the NZ series should have been 1-1.

What i meant by being 'flexible with the all rounder policy' is that they should pick the team according to the conditions. The reason they are so persistent on picking an all rounder is that they wan't to share the bowling workload of the quicks but if the pitch turns out to be a good one for bowling, Aust may not need to bowl the 4th seamer at all but they would need all the batting they can get in such conditions specially considering some recent diabolical performances on helpful decks. Shaun is a vastly superior batsman to Mitchell so i'd pick him. I'd really like to see MMarsh developing in to a good batsman but i like to see Aust picking the right team a bit more