• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Missed all the cricket today, just here to demand facts - when was the last time two players with the same name and the same position/role played each other in a test?
Santner and Marsh.

All rounder, batting at 6. November 27 to 29 2015.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I don't see the thing about Mark Wood. He's a decent bowler, but he's never really impressed me in Test Cricket.
I can't say I'm 100% convinced about Wood's excellence. He's likeable enough and whole hearted as you could want, but I don't recall him taking many wickets yet. Finn is by some way his superior imo.
Genuine question. Did you guys watch a lot of the Pakistan-England series in UAE last year?

Last edited:

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Jp duminy is so damn predictable. Comes in, hits a few boundaries, gets himself out. The selectors should know this will never change, unless they want a part time spin bowler who scores 20 odd runs.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would have liked Bavuma to at least get a good 50 there.... I don't think this pitch is as good as people think, definitely a little two paced and maybe ball keeping a touch lower than expected sometimes..

Woodster

International Captain
Super start from England this morning, could really do with running through the tail here and removing the dangerous De Kock asap. Good comeback from 237-1.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
well what would have happened if they had cook the whole time...

big series of what ifs for SA if this is going to continue the way it is
Similar to 04/05 in a way where they started the series with dropping Boucher and used 3 keepers through the series and kept picking a hack like Andrew Hall. There are times when SA selections make other countries seem normal.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I recall him being in a flux between the two often tbh. At the very least he's less square in stance and where his bat is pointing.
He used to tap his bat and then bring it up by about 1/3rd... now it is a bit higher and definitely coming through much straighter....