• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

Marius

International Debutant
I think he made his debut against Australia in 2001-02 if I am not mistaken, and against that Australian team, on his debut series scored a fighting century. The entire team was getting hammered and losing 0-3 and this new guy comes and fights against McGrath and Warne. He certainly made his grit and fighting ability clear from the beginning.
You're right about his debut series, played well and took everything the Aussies could throw at him. Never got a hundred in his debut series though, as I recall his maiden Test hundred was against Bangladesh and he turned it into a double (if memory serves).

burr

State Vice-Captain
England are a strange team. Either unbelievably good or absolutely average. Makes them very enjoyable to follow/watch as a neutral.

Stefan9

International Debutant
Must remember when smith was appointed csa had initially wanted to appointed neil McKenzie as an intern but smith told them he wants the job straight away.

Graeme had great believe in himself always.

Marius

International Debutant
Must remember when smith was appointed csa had initially wanted to appointed neil McKenzie as an intern but smith told them he wants the job straight away.

Graeme had great believe in himself always.
Are you sure?

I've never heard that before.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
What was that AB..... while the new guy is trying to get his ton... why don't we add a little more pressure!