• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in New Zealand 2016

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
random banter is great, but don't pretend that your irrelevant, off-topic and largely false claims are anything but a poor attempt at distraction from the legitimate (and actually on-topic) observations made on first page of the thread (re. NZ fans claiming favourites and complaints over your games in previous thread).

I honestly wasn't trying to have a go at you guys, didn't realise you'd take it so personally. Apologies, never mean to upset anyone.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
No chance for Kiwis to win unless Boult is back to his best. He didn't bowl that well against Sri Lanka also.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I wouldn't be surprised if they do prepare greentops to even the odds, though NZ don't really have a history of advantageous pitch-manipulation as some other sides do, as far as I'm aware.
They've prepared greentops in the last couple of BR tests and then McCullum has subsequently lost the toss, we've been inserted and the Indian and Sri Lankan seamers have rolled us on the 1st day, before McCullum-Watling then Williamson-Watling have put on monster partnerships as the pitches have flattened out later on in the tests.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Not exactly going to be a great help for all the players who are in the ODI side...
Well they'll still be playing cricket in NZ and most of the NZ team will be coming from white ball stuff too. Last year when we toured England half our team went into the 1st test straight from the IPL

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bit hard to find time for warmups when this series is wedged between Oz's odi series v India and SA. The first ODI comes 3 days after the last Aus v India T20. And the SA tour starts 4th of March

Spark

Global Moderator
Yeah indeed. I mean, it probably won't be that big an issue because this lot have already been playing cricket for three months as opposed to the NZ guys who looked rusty in the extreme, but it's nonetheless a long way short of ideal.

91Jmay

International Coach
Honestly, sounds like CA have prioritised the ODIs over a proper warm up rather than the Kiwi's withholding them.