• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia ODIs 2016

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
An Indian batsman who can play through the offside? Tell me you're joking Tubby

longranger

U19 Cricketer
An Indian batsman who can play through the offside? Tell me you're joking Tubby
How condescending is the commentary? I remember seeing last year's Tests with Channel 9 commentary and I had to mute it after a bit. The sheer ignorance and arrogance of the commentators is astounding.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's like we've wheeled out an Indian pace attack to welcome the visitors here, but that's ok because John Hastings has been called up for the second game for Mitch Marsh, who will be rested owing to the massive work rate he's had from playing every game when he should be carrying the drinks

vcs

Rohit is averaging 50+ in ODIs for 4 out of the last 5 years, which is pretty impressive. Those numbers are heavily skewed by his home average of nearly 63, though.

Burgey

How condescending is the commentary? I remember seeing last year's Tests with Channel 9 commentary and I had to mute it after a bit. The sheer ignorance and arrogance of the commentators is astounding.
Yeah, sadly not everyone can be as objective and knowledgeable as Ravi Shastri and Harsha Bhogle, but they're doing their best I suppose.

longranger

U19 Cricketer
Yeah, sadly not everyone can be as objective and knowledgeable as Ravi Shastri and Harsha Bhogle, but they're doing their best I suppose.
Hah, Ravi's nuts but Harsha is not too bad. I mean he tries to acts like mates with everyone, but I'm not sure you could ever accuse him of ignorance. Guy does homework.

Anyone heard Gavaskar's cringeworthy 'Shotttt, yaaaaar' ?

cnerd123

likes this
Boland doesn't seem like anything special. Just tall and nippy. Decent bowler but entirely forgettable.

Joel much the same, but left handed and looks like he could bowl quicker. Also has a nasty Finn-like kink in his bowling arm that I do not like.

vcs

Haha. If you haven't heard Arun Lal commentate in Hindi, you don't know what commentary is.

On a serious note, I think Sanjay Manjrekar's commentary has come on leaps and bounds recently. Think he's easily the best Indian pundit right now.

Burgey

Hah, Ravi's nuts but Harsha is not too bad. I mean he tries to acts like mates with everyone, but I'm not sure you could ever accuse him of ignorance. Guy does homework.

Anyone heard Gavaskar's cringeworthy 'Shotttt, yaaaaar' ?
Don't listen to the racist Gavaskar.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Boland doesn't seem like anything special. Just tall and nippy. Decent bowler but entirely forgettable.

Joel much the same, but left handed and looks like he could bowl quicker. Also has a nasty Finn-like kink in his bowling arm that I do not like.
Not a fan of Boland

IMO, he has been picked largely on the basis of 1.5 shield games and doesn't really bring anything special to the table

Paris is different in that he is a complete novice and has been picked purely on potential

Having said that, given Behrendorff is fit again, I have no idea why he has been selected either

Niall

International Coach
Rohit is averaging 50+ in ODIs for 4 out of the last 5 years, which is pretty impressive. Those numbers are heavily skewed by his home average of nearly 63, though.
He is gun, always make me giggle when people suggest he should bat in the middle order to accommodate the likes of Rahene and others, and the accusation that he only scores on flat pitches as only India bat on roads in ODI cricket.:laugh:

Last edited:

vcs

He is gun, always make me giggle when people suggest he should bat in the middle order to accommodate the likes of Rahene and others, and the accusation that he only scores on flat pitches as only India bat on roads in ODI cricket.:laugh:
He is a flat track bully, though (not that it is necessarily a terrible thing, it takes talent to bully attacks to that extent even on flat wickets). Couldn't lay bat to ball against Steyn for at least 3 consecutive overs in SA a couple of innings after he scored that 200 against Australia.