• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Is Chris Gayle some sort of perverted misogynist or can everyone just settle down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnerd123

likes this
Not everyone is defending Gayle because he is black, but those attempting to write off the incident as a result of cultural differences could be seen as doing so. Although the Caribbean is quite a mixing pot, so wouldn't say it's a 'Black' thing.

Spark

Global Moderator
Not everyone is defending Gayle because he is black, but those attempting to write off the incident as a result of cultural differences could be seen as doing so. Although the Caribbean is quite a mixing pot, so wouldn't say it's a 'Black' thing.
I mean doing so does stray uncomfortably close into the old "big black man preying on white woman" trope I mentioned way back. No one I know of has consciously said that, but the thing about tropes is that they're usually not conscious.

indiaholic

International Captain
Even that Knox guy is just one person.. Blaming the backlash on race is not substantiated with anything IMO.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Okay this thread is boring again. Someone say something stupid. Just need another 150 posts.
Just wait for tomorrow night, if Gayle makes a big score you can bet on the most uncouth of celebrations and hopefully more fun here.

Status
Not open for further replies.