• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in South Africa 2015/16

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Been well played by this pair so far. Consolidate before lunch and expand the game after it. Need to go on now and not give it away stupidly.

Well done Hales on the first 50, never going to look anything but streaky but he has the runs on the board.

TheJediBrah

SA better hope they don't bring a 2 tier system in Test Cricket, they might struggle to avoid relegation

OverratedSanity

Compton ! Yes!

**** everyone who was advocating the case for Bell to be retained over Compton and Taylor till as recently as a month ago. Nonsense.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Annoys me how people talk about how Compton got dropped for going into his shell and then forget that Root and Carberry spent the next two series blocking the absolute **** out of it as well.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hope Compton doesn't over-do it here just because Bayliss has been having a cry over having a slow no.3

Just keep ticking it over lad.

Cabinet96

Hall of Fame Member
Rob Smyth ‏@robsmyth0 7m7 minutes ago
Nick Compton has hit three sixes in his 11 Tests, the same number that his dashing grandpa Denis hit in 78 Tests.

Stapel

International Regular
Hope Compton doesn't over-do it here just because Bayliss has been having a cry over having a slow no.3

Just keep ticking it over lad.
I've read that Bayliss articel/interview on cricinfo. As a result I find mr Bayliss a complete and utter joke.

In Durban, Compton came in in the 2nd over, lost the other opener with a dozen runs on the board, and then lost the world's best batsman with fewer than 50 runs on the board. He did the sensible thing!

Shady Slim

International Coach
I've read that Bayliss articel/interview on cricinfo. As a result I find mr Bayliss a complete and utter joke.

In Durban, Compton came in in the 2nd over, lost the other opener with a dozen runs on the board, and then lost the world's best batsman with fewer than 50 runs on the board. He did the sensible thing!
since when did kane williamson play for the poms

OverratedSanity

Slow number 3s work perfectly fine. people waahed about Kallis and Dravid batting too slow early in their careers too. Now, Compton is no Dravid to be sure but with guys like Hales and Root around him who score freely he's a perfect foil. "Modern" test cricket thinking and the obsession with scoring rates just ****ing irritates me sometimes.

OverratedSanity

since when did kane williamson play for the poms
Jesus we need to stop with the country vs country "banter" on here. Been seeing too much of it on CW recently. I know most of it is tongue in cheek but it's just tiresome.

TheJediBrah

posting clinically proven and indisputably recognised ICC-approved rankings =/= country vs country "banter"