• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

Flem274*

123/5
jedi deal in absolutes too, and ****ty ones. human emotions like fear, anger love and passion? nuh uh, you're a justice robot. all those things lead to badness.

biggest ****s. at least the sith are honest and allow freedom of thought and expression.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
It could be crocodile tears. It could be genuine. But that doesn't matter.

Putting up with people you dont like is a part of sport. The English dressing room is widely criticsed for not knowing how to deal with KP, but its Amir's fault people can't deal with him. Clarke played alongside a load of players who thought he was a **** but no one walked out on the side because they didn't respect or trust him. Even Harbhajan, Ponting and Symonds found a way toget along, and do you think there were any tearful apologies in that group?

I dont support this line of reasoning at all. Its not wrong, but it doesnt justify a walk out.
People didn't like KP and it created massive, historic fractures in the English dressing room, screwed up the batting order, delayed the involvement of young talents like James Taylor and created a toxic environment which was not conducive to success.

But even aside from the success issue, you have a right to stand up against something that you don't like.

Sledging might bring success, and it could be argued that it would be professional to adopt it. But we consider that a personal choice and people have the right to object.

Professionalism doesn't trump individual morals. Or, it shouldn't.

cnerd123

likes this
People didn't like KP and it created massive, historic fractures in the English dressing room, screwed up the batting order, delayed the involvement of young talents like James Taylor and created a toxic environment which was not conducive to success.

But even aside from the success issue, you have a right to stand up against something that you don't like.

Sledging might bring success, and it could be argued that it would be professional to adopt it. But we consider that a personal choice and people have the right to object.

Professionalism doesn't trump individual morals. Or, it shouldn't.
We're going around in circles. Agree to disagree.

lol wtf. How do you reject a resignation?

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
if i do some corporate espionage at my job and say sorry while crying do i get to keep my job?

this is going to be my last post on the issue because i really cbf getting abused for thinking he should have a life ban like other players with sympathetic circumstances do.
jedi deal in absolutes too, and ****ty ones. human emotions like fear, anger love and passion? nuh uh, you're a justice robot. all those things lead to badness.

biggest ****s. at least the sith are honest and allow freedom of thought and expression.
Pretty poor flounce, TBH.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ramiz: You keep a beard. You should speak honestly.
Yousuf: You should be the last person to talk about honesty. You filed a case against family members for money. You only had 2 centuries. You have learnt a bit of English, that's all. You don't know about cricket.
Ramiz: You are a disgrace to the Pakistan team
Yousuf: You are a disgrace to the Pakistan team

And stuff like that. They just went at it. They started off apparently about Aamir and held different views but clearly they had bigger axe to grind.

indiaholic

International Captain
Nothing relevant to the thread. Just a lot of name calling.. Ramiz calls Yousuf a hypocrite by saying that it would be nice if people would stop lying after growing a beard.. Yousuf retorts by stating that Ramiz was never good enough at cricket to talk about it. Says that Ramiz should be ashamed to talk about cricket with just two centuries in 57 tests.. Calls him a glorified English teacher etc.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Nothing relevant to the thread. Just a lot of name calling.. Ramiz calls Yousuf a hypocrite by saying that it would be nice if people would stop lying after growing a beard.. Yousuf retorts by stating that Ramiz was never good enough at cricket to talk about it. Says that Ramiz should be ashamed to talk about cricket with just two centuries in 57 tests.. Calls him a glorified English teacher etc.
Something which he confirms every time he opens his mouth.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It could be crocodile tears. It could be genuine. But that doesn't matter.

Putting up with people you dont like is a part of sport. The English dressing room is widely criticsed for not knowing how to deal with KP, but its Amir's fault people can't deal with him. Clarke played alongside a load of players who thought he was a **** but no one walked out on the side because they didn't respect or trust him. Even Harbhajan, Ponting and Symonds found a way toget along, and do you think there were any tearful apologies in that group?

I dont support this line of reasoning at all. Its not wrong, but it doesnt justify a walk out.
KP and Clarke do not deserve being used as analogies in this