• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Stace

First Class Debutant
Matthews played the first short ball like a girl how did he not realise he was gonna get another, awful batting.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dougeh dougeh dougeh

He's 23. This is normal for a young 150kph bowler and they're being cautious. I'll worry when he's in his mid to late 20s.
I think Milne's tracking above the norm at this stage, even among the 150 club.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Weak from Mathews, another lazy leg side strangle. Dunno what Harris has been smoking, saying earlier that Mathews has been in great form on this tour.

Zinzan

Matthews played the first short ball like a girl how did he not realise he was gonna get another, awful batting.
Mathews' batting gets overrated by some on this forum. He's a fine batsman/cricketer, but definitely not in the Root, Smith, Williamson class with the bat. His records in both forms flatter to deceive slightly due to a disproportionate number of not-outs.

Has been exposed badly in this series to date.

Flem274*

123/5
Mathews batted like a God in England and that's a much tougher place to bat than New Zealand.

NZ is like the only country he sucks in.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
Great captaincy from Taylor, keeping the quick bowlers on to twist the knife. Wonderful aggressive, proactive stuff.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Milne's tracking above the norm at this stage, even among the 150 club.
Nah look at how little Cummins and Pattinson have played over the last 4 years. The only genuine pace bowler who's been more available than Milne in recent times is Starc, and even he's currently on a 6 month layoff.

Zinzan

Mathews batted like a God in England and that's a much tougher place to bat than New Zealand.

NZ is like the only country he sucks in.
In tests he averages worse in Australia, South Africa and India (under 30 in all 3 countries) than he does in NZ.

Also saying England is tougher to bat than NZ is totally arbitrary these days considering there's such a contrast between their flat decks and spicy decks over there. Just reflect on the recent Ashes series.

Flem274*

123/5
Nah look at how little Cummins and Pattinson have played over the last 4 years. The only genuine pace bowler who's been more available than Milne in recent times is Starc, and even he's currently on a 6 month layoff.
wait really? i missed this. i thought it was a quick surgery and recovery?