• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

Athlai

Not Terrible
My ODI lineup would be

Latham
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
McCullum
Anderson
Ronchi
Santner
Milne
Southee/Henry
McLeakruns

Jezroy

State Captain
ODI Squad is

Brendon McCullum (c), Doug Bracewell, Martin Guptill, Matt Henry (first two ODIs)*, Mitchell McClenaghan, Adam Milne, Henry Nicholls, Luke Ronchi, Mitchell Santner, Ish Sodhi, Ross Taylor, Kane Williamson, George Worker.

*Tim Southee will join the squad for the third ODI

Probably looking at

Guptill
Latham
Williamson
Taylor
BMac
Worker
Ronchi
Milne
Sodhi
Henry
Mitch M

Leaves Nicholls, Santner, Bracewell to play in game 2. Henry will probably play first 2 ODI's then they sub in Southee? Sure McCullum will rest at some point so Kane can captain.

Wonder what Boult will be doing in the meantime to try and get some of his rhythm and form back?

Jezroy

State Captain
DWTA did you see how much strapping he had on that knee.
This ODI series is meaningless.
Yet I do wonder if anyone has said to him - "Mate, if you go out and make 250 runs in 3 ODI's, you would have got the most international runs in a calendar year ever!"

I know he says he's not big on stats, but do we really think that no one's told him?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Team of the series

1) Karu
2) Gotpills
3) Kane
4) Chandiguns
5) Brendon (Mathews was worse)
6) Santner for first test bowling
7) Bracewell
8) Herath
9) Chameera
10) Wagner
11) Southee

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Latham 7/10 - several more irritating starts and one good (but easy) hundred. Ho-hum.
Guptill 8/10 - good series for him, but all the old problems remain.
KW 9/10 - frankly he seemed bored throughout his first 3 innings. With the series on the line at the end he kicked into gear and produced another masterclass. Reckon there's a very good chance that he'll have passed Crowe's century record by the end of next season.
Taylor 5/10 - lazy dismissal in the first test, got a Jaffa on Saturday and then played awfully dumb cricket to be dismissed once he'd done the hard work yesterday.
McCullum 6/10 - lit up the series with one of his delightful cameos in the first test, but followed it up with 2 awful dismissals when the team needed more.
Santner 6/10 - did a reasonable holding job at Dunedin, but once the little Lankans had identified him as the weakest link he got pummelled. Batting looks sketchy outside off stump - not a test no 6 yet.
Watling 5/10 - mostly safe behind the stumps, but another poor series with the bat.
Bracewell 6/10 - bowled without luck for the most part, but also without menace. Batting continues to improve, his first innings runs here were vital for keeping NZ in touching distance of SA.
Southee 9/10 - damn good channel bowling. Dismissed Mathews on 3 out of 4 occassions. Couldn't really have asked for more.
Wagner 8/10 - a great return, bowled with menace and energy, a great complement to the attack.
Boult 5/10 - apart from a couple of excellent overs before the close of day 1, Boult looked down on pace and accuracy. Time's running out if he's to have an impact on the Aus series

Overall, the batting has problems. McCullum doesn't seem that interested in building a proper test innings anymore and Taylor is still sketchy in defence. With Watling out of touch and Santner not quite up to grade we're hugely reliant on Kane making runs. The bowling looks improved but something needs to be done about Boult and fast. Starting to get a bit worried about the Aus series.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I imagine that Kane's century must rate well on DOGs spreadsheet of greatest centuries (the bowling opponents nothwithstanding).

Days of Grace

International Captain
I imagine that Kane's century must rate well on DOGs spreadsheet of greatest centuries (the bowling opponents nothwithstanding).
Yes, once the ICC player ratings are updated, I'll enter it in!

The combined ratings of the SL bowlers will not be that high though.

Skyliner

International 12th Man
If anything NZ have gone backwards since playing Australia; they can't win against them with McCullum as captain. The 'team' (Baz) plan to take on the short ball by deploying the hook willy nilly was Andrew Hillditch bad; McCullums tactics are inept, as they were in Australia. I expect the Aussies to get stuck in with the short ball when they get over here.
Taylor hasn't turned the corner form wise: Perth was a road, he prospered. It was a one-off.
Guptill is as block bash as ever and his poor dismissals in this test show he hasn't progressed.
Santner couldn't contain when the Sri Lankan's decided to take him on: the Aussies will have taken note.
Boult went backwards from Adelaide.
Wagner was good in Dunedin, was very expensive in Hamilton.
Watling was poor with the bat.
Tom was mixed as usual; should have been caught in Dunedin prior to his hundred - the ball just about hit the keepers leg on it's way past him.
Bracewell is a honest trier.
Southee / Williamson were very good; they can't do it alone.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think it was exactly 59.99 after 105 tests or something. May have gone over 60 mid match.
Haha yeah just took a look. Was 60.07 after first innings Adelaide Ashes test in 06, and then got out on 49 in the second innings making his average 59.99 at the end of that test.

Man he was a beast in 05/06