• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in New Zealand 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This is where Craig and Jeets revisionism comes from, to be fair to both their detractors and their admirers.

Niall

International Coach
It's like when McCullum declared in the last test and then a bunch of people crapped their pants when Sri Lanka were 50/0.
yep, they aren't the West Indies, they are allowed and expected to show some backbone. Anyway partnership broke, the hack has came and gone for nothing and now into a very mediocre lower order panic over. :laugh:

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Vithanage is so so ****.
Complete hack, might slog a few runs now and then but won't make to many meaningful scores. And no, a 100 on a road against Bangladesh isn't something we should get to excited about.

Every test side needs dashers, but Lanka have enough guys who score quickly, so this dude isn't required whatsoever.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Doesn't seem likely that we'll get more play today. Thoughts on who holds the edge? For my money, SRL slightly in front, but if NZ can wrap this innings up for less than 300 then they shouldn't be too upset about their position (especially given the forecast is for bright and sunny weather tomorrow).

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
SL threw away their advantage at the end. Pretty even now. I just hope Mathews gets his ton. Player of his quality deserves more.

BeeGee

International Captain
I think I'd rather be in NZ's position. This deck looks like it could be really nice for batting on day two and three.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Yup it certainly sets up the test, if Lanka keep playing this way, and wouldn't grudge them the luck with the toss having gone NZ's favour. Feels like Chandimal is jumping a level on this tour.
Nah Chandimal has been scoring well this year (although TBH it has been at home) I think he has decided to just play his natural game, I.e be more aggressive and if he loses his wicket then so be it. Also as I said while back SL culture is based on respecting your elders irrespective of who you are, so the younger guys can probably express themselves more now that Sanga and Mahala have finished. By that I mean that they are probably having more fun and therefore maybe enjoying their cricket more?
Anyway, the scorecard looks good this morning and having read comments on here ,I am pleased that we have decided to bat more aggressively and try and put some pressure back onto the kiwi bowlers..hopefully Mathew's can get us to 300+ and we can see what the bowlers do then.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Day1 was good for me betting-wise. I had 2 bets - Mathews to top-score and SL to get 274.5+ ....both are looking good now

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think he is the first ever green track bully I have seen. His whole game is based on playing the ball very late. Would excel in England with all falling all around him. Can see him failing to cash in in Australia on pacier wickets which require you to committ a fraction earlier. Quite impressive is correct. I will put him on my "excited about" list and take him off the skeptical list.

He looks like he knows how to score runs.
He was seen relishing a workout for his off stump judgement on a green one again today, funnily enough. Batted through the middle session for just 34 runs. I think I can guess what agribusiness interests will eventually suggest he has a crack at, as they look to get Santner, Anderson, Kelly, Leopard, Clarkson, or some other beefy products packed into the same Test XI.