• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Mohammed Amir cleared to return with immediate effect

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
that was ****ing harmless

**** people trying to **** on this guy at every opportunity

sorry Pakistan but he's your best chance at being number 1

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Them as don't like Amir are always going to find fault in everything he does, but taking him to task over that celebration is a tad over the top - personally I'm just glad he didn't play against England recently - if he'd shared the new ball with Wahab it certainly would have been 3-0

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
The problem I have at the moment is that a reasonable amount of Pakistan fans seem to be making Hafeez the villain currently and Amir the hero. That put together with journalists wanting to write a narrative of a redeeming figure. His whole career he's been feted because of his great talent. Even when he was caught there were plenty of Pakistan fans ready to defend him, there were journalists who were ready to forgive him. It's all been too easy for him because a lot of people seem to want him back, either because he is a great cricketer or it is a great redemptive story. Unfortunately I feel he rather plays that up and is no-where near as naive as people have made him out to be. It really feels like fake contrition to me and that he is just exploiting the situation that he is in to his benefit.

Has he really learned the lesssons and did he really think what he did was bad? Well judging by some of the interviews he's given, no. It's not a surprise when a reasonable amount of Pakistan fans have been steadfast in their backing for him throughout this whole thing, and journalists want to play up the impressionable kid angle. His whole life people have told him he is great and he believes it.

I'm not against him getting a second chance, I don't deny that he was put in a tough situation at an impressionable age. It's just my impression of him is that he feels he did nothing wrong. Those around him want a part of the gravy train and tell him what he wants to hear. He doesn't seem to grasp the damage he's done to the reputation of cricket and Pakistan.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem I have at the moment is that a reasonable amount of Pakistan fans seem to be making Hafeez the villain currently and Amir the hero. That put together with journalists wanting to write a narrative of a redeeming figure. His whole career he's been feted because of his great talent. Even when he was caught there were plenty of Pakistan fans ready to defend him, there were journalists who were ready to forgive him. It's all been too easy for him because a lot of people seem to want him back, either because he is a great cricketer or it is a great redemptive story. Unfortunately I feel he rather plays that up and is no-where near as naive as people have made him out to be. It really feels like fake contrition to me and that he is just exploiting the situation that he is in to his benefit.

Has he really learned the lesssons and did he really think what he did was bad? Well judging by some of the interviews he's given, no. It's not a surprise when a reasonable amount of Pakistan fans have been steadfast in their backing for him throughout this whole thing, and journalists want to play up the impressionable kid angle. His whole life people have told him he is great and he believes it.

I'm not against him getting a second chance, I don't deny that he was put in a tough situation at an impressionable age. It's just my impression of him is that he feels he did nothing wrong. Those around him want a part of the gravy train and tell him what he wants to hear. He doesn't seem to grasp the damage he's done to the reputation of cricket and Pakistan.
Which ones?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Which ones?
One he did on Pakistani tv where he said the issue was a small issue, not real cheating. Blamed it on the pressure he was under. Blamed it on the English press for portraying as they did and the Pakistani press for not defending the countries honour.

The atherton interview he's only too willing to pass the blame when he gets the opportunity onto Butt or Majeed, on his age. Sure he gets in plenty of contrite 'I know I was wrong' but the impression I get is that he was just latching onto a sympathetic impartial observer.

Other actions like playing in that game of cricket which he wasn't allowed to.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Hafeez getting out to Amir is always funny....not being runout is the biggest challenge though

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
One he did on Pakistani tv where he said the issue was a small issue, not real cheating. Blamed it on the pressure he was under. Blamed it on the English press for portraying as they did and the Pakistani press for not defending the countries honour.

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that.

Runs in his family

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
His mum went on and on about how he was innocent iirc, then when he pleaded guilty she said it was all salman butt and co's fault.

tbf though she's his mother so y'know.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ya that's how mothers would react. Don't think any mother would say 'Jail my son, and give me the jail pass to visit him' unless it's a more serious real-life criminal offence. His mother probably doesn't even care about the game of cricket in the way we do.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
What's the family story?
his mum was on national tv saying that his son is innocent (which most moms think tbf) but then she goes on to bring that "this is a conspiracy against Pakistan" angle and harping on it.

Was disgusting

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah that's what I was thinking. Will create some much needed public interest for a series that people otherwise wouldn't give a **** about. People will turn up in droves to give him **** from the boundary edge.