• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Shri

Mr. Glass
Oh please.

Okay thats it, i hope there is a situation where your team gets put in when its overcast and damp and gets rolled out for 66 or 51 and then when the oppositions bats its warm sunny conditions. Then we will see the true colours.
We curse our own players when tht happens here on cw unlike other fans who don't know where to direct their sadness and tears.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Yeah, I'm not one whose butthurt enough to desperately try to spin a hollow "victory" via a doctored mud pit into a great achievement in fair conditions. But please go on.:laugh:
Thats a laughing emoji at the end of that post but if you zoom in enough, you can see the tears.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Anyway what do people think will be the bowling figures for Ashwin and Jadeja in their next match outside India?

My vote: Ashwin 1-126, Jadeja 0-98.
Thats fine by me. I don't want Ashwin to be great out of India. I don't want him to be loved by everyone or for him to win the respect of clueless fans. I do want him to swim in the tears of opposition fans when a test series happens in India.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cricinfo: The toss played more of a role than is regarded as acceptable
****'s sake people keep saying this even though SA collapsed to 79 allout in the first session on day 2. I'm sure the pitch must've crumbled overnight to an unplayable state. smh.

Wish SA had batted first really. They'd have been bowled out just as cheaply. ****e batting doesn't get you a good total no matter what day you bat.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So much fun seeing these factions among the Indian fans on CW :laugh::laugh:

First you've got Jono, OS, ***** and Shri always liking each other's posts and putting up one unified front,
then you've got Pratters vs HB :laugh:
Then Pratters vs Joe
And then you've got Weldone who seems to have pissed off all the other Indian fans for some reason :laugh:

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
The posting from those that are flying the flag of the mob here is as cringeworthy as the pitch, it's understandable you don't want to feel that any credit is being taken away from the team you support after they win but let those that want to call a spade a spade reserve the right to do so. Reeks of such insecurity, as though the Indians have never complained of a poor pitch that hasn't suited them ever. The same Nagpur pitch in 2004 was criticized for having too much grass on it, a game which Australia went on to win and one where it was suspected Ganguly sat out because of the amount of grass on it. Even the Mohali pitch in this series was preceded by some cagey behaviour from the curator there who wasn't letting any one near the pitch a week before the game, this after Shastri complained about the pitch in the Mumbai ODI. To say there is nothing to it is just blatantly sticking the head in the sand.
Don't know who you are talking abouf, but none of us here complained about the pitches. You're lumping us in together with the dumb indian fans and treating us all the same; which is just wrong. We have never had an issue with those conditions (other than perhaps it didnt suit or side enough and so wasn't ideal for a home track)

If you called those pitches poor, and you want to call this pitch poor, then go for it. But I think we have all established that there was nothing unfair or dangerous about this wicket, and therefore it is acceptable for test cricket, and SA have no right to blame the conditions or the toss and should just suck it up and accept that they were outplayed. And to South Africa's credit, they have. Its just a handful of bitter fans on here who are having a moan.

Cricinfo 'experts' are generally terrible analysts fwiw. Just picking the easiest/most popular narrative and running with it regardless if its true or not.

Kohli said it well in his press release. When India were getting thrashed within 3 days overseas, people blamed the Indian batsmen for lack of technique, the bowlers for not being able to extract movement from the pitch, the inability for the players to adjust. But when that happens to sides in India? Oh, the pitch must be poor. Nah **** off. Such anti-spin, anti-India biases are bull****.

Last edited:

cnerd123

likes this
So much fun seeing these factions among the Indian fans on CW :laugh::laugh:

First you've got Jono, OS, ***** and Shri always liking each other's posts and putting up one unified front,
then you've got Pratters vs HB :laugh:
Then Pratters vs Joe
And then you've got Weldone who seems to have pissed off all the other Indian fans for some reason :laugh:
Jono, OS, myself, Shri, Daemon, indiaholic, HB, Harsh, Teja, Duffer..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
So guys, which one of you wants to troll Harsha Bhogle on his twitter now :laugh:

I must admit to a sense of emptiness at the way this series has been played out. I must also admit to being hugely excited before it began.
A very good team in home conditions was going to take on a team, the only team, that travelled well in contemporary cricket. I was excited about a young Indian captain who played cricket for the right reasons and who genuinely respected the game. I was excited about a young Indian batting side and an off-spinner who I thought was moving into the top drawer of international cricket. I was excited at the prospect of seeing two modern greats whose dignity adorns our game. And I was excited about seeing one of the great fast bowlers of our game adapt to life with a little less speed.
There was so much to look forward to. If you love Test cricket, if you are enamoured by its intricacy, if you are searching for thrilling sub-plots, if you are searching for an attack and a riposte, if you love resilience and the joy of overcoming, then India vs South Africa in India would be at the top of your list.
But the emptiness is gnawing away. Yes there has been good cricket. AB de Villiers at Mohali and in Bengaluru was thrilling. The classic off-spin of Ravichandran Ashwin has been something to savour. Morne Morkel in Nagpur, Hashim Amla in the first innings at Mohali, Murali Vijay and Cheteshwar Pujara with their old-style batting, Ravindra Jadeja here there and everywhere… Yes there has been good cricket. But the tracks have been this huge cloak of gloom that shrouds everything. The pitches have spoilt the series.
I am a huge believer in home advantage. Every sport has it and countering it and winning away is one of the great achievements in sport. Indeed, that is why the cricket world admires South Africa so much. And so for pitches to favour the home team is perfectly acceptable. Within that home advantage, though, resides a certain nobility. At its core, cricket is a contest that gives both teams the opportunity to win, that allows batsmen and bowlers their moments in the sun and then lets the team that uses the changing conditions better to win the game. It is fine for tracks in England and New Zealand to encourage seam movement, for those in Australia and South Africa to favour those that employ bounce, and it is perfectly all right for pitches in India to be slow and favour spin. But bat and ball, and host and guest, must both feel they can win.
Mohali was disappointing and Nagpur has been dire. I remember the outrage we felt at the trampoline in Durban in 1996 and the lawns in New Zealand in 2002. We in India were convinced those were unacceptable, and we were right. By the same argument these pitches, especially this one in Nagpur, should be frowned upon too. They are not good for cricket and they are certainly not good for Indian cricket.
That India should want to win at home is undeniable. That India should want to play to its competitive advantage is good tactics. And so preparing turning tracks is not a crime. But the ball cannot do on the first morning what it should late on the third day. If the surface comes off on the first day, if the first half hour sees puffs of dust, it does not produce competitive cricket. Worse still, it tells the world that India can only win under a specific set of circumstances. And that, I believe, should disappoint good cricketers.
The joy of winning emerges out of a challenge. As a bowler, when you have outwitted a worthy opponent, as a batsman when you have countered the conditions to score runs. But these pitches, like in the fable of the fox and the crane, are like inviting a guest to a meal he can’t partake of. The win is set up for you, there is no joy of overcoming. In the long run, this will hurt Indian cricket because it will take away the ability to adapt, to think and to overcome. In preparing these pitches, you have told your cricketers you don’t have enough confidence in them to win any other way. If I was a proud professional, I would be disappointed if my producer thought I could only work under certain conditions.
And it doesn’t help to point fingers elsewhere. To say they did it so we must. The first principle we learnt in sport was that good pitches produce good cricket. More important, good pitches produce good cricketers. And so, by inference, bad pitches will produce limited cricketers and help meet short term ends. There have been many bad pitches in the Ranji Trophy too, and that is why I hope the BCCI goes after these with ferocity.
Beyond this series, beyond this immediate result is a greater reality. Bad pitches might produce short-term results but will harm Indian cricket in the long run.
This Indian team is good enough to win on better pitches. They must be allowed to.
India vs South Africa: Pitches are diluting the joy of success | The Indian Express

cnerd123

likes this
Mohali was disappointing and Nagpur has been dire. I remember the outrage we felt at the trampoline in Durban in 1996 and the lawns in New Zealand in 2002. We in India were convinced those were unacceptable, and we were right. By the same argument these pitches, especially this one in Nagpur, should be frowned upon too
I agree if you are gonna whine about Durban and NZ 2002 then you should whine about these pitches. You're a **** for whining at all tho.

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Obviously they have no clue and are talking out of their bung hole, not to mention being anti-spin bowling, anti-dust bowls and anti-india. how dare they!

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Obviously they have no clue and are talking out of their bung hole, not to mention being anti-spin bowling, anti-dust bowls and anti-india. how dare they!
One of the funniest things I have noticed is how some of them are saying we just cried foul on the pitch because of the score card while others are saying why we are not crying foul on the Australian wicket. Maybe it's because of the pitch and not the score card? Duh.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Truly don't understand the theory of "Make such pitches and you limit the abilities of your players to win in other conditions".

a) Test cricket is not played to become better players on different conditions. That is what FC cricket and practice is for. You want to make them better on all surfaces, make them go through rigorous training on greentops and bouncy pitches during practice sessions.
b) The Indian batsmen sucked quite a bit on these pitches with the exception of Vijay and Pujara. Would have struggled more had the Saffers had a spinner as good as Ashwin. That they are not good at playing on spinning tracks doesn't bother this theory. After all, it's only spin, you have to first and foremost be awesome against pace and swing and bounce. Spin comes later.

From what I have seen, Bhogle wants India to beat the other teams on their terms. But is okay with us losing away on their terms too.

indiaholic

International Captain
We never win test matches in India. Finally we have won something. Better not allow anybody to hate my team's abilities. #insecureindian

Tec15

First Class Debutant
Kohli said it well in his press release. When India were getting thrashed within 3 days overseas, people blamed the Indian batsmen for lack of technique, the bowlers for not being able to extract movement from the pitch, the inability for the players to adjust. But when that happens to sides in India? Oh, the pitch must be poor. Nah **** off. Such anti-spin, anti-India biases are bull****.
Dat massive chip on the shoulder. :innocent: