• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Michael Vaughan criticises the 3 day test match, Michael Clarke agrees and then....wait for it.. Mahela Jayawardene retweets :laugh:

Twitter is so much fun

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Sigh i give up
Just let it go dude. Not worth it. South Africa have lost their first series in 9 years. This is a tremendous feat.

Losing always sucks, and I know it's easier for me to say as a neutral but we just have to accept it and move on.

We don't have a lot of South African fans on this forum unfortunately so I am always interested to hear new perspectives, but going over and over again over this is not achieving anything.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fairly decent. Didn't have to do much except give Ashwin and Jadeja the ball and set whatever field they want. When one of them tires, replace for Mishra.
His captaincy when he had that fielder in a catching position at a shortish cover for van Zyl was awesome. Mightve been more Ashwin's decision than Kohli's though.

Heboric

International Debutant
Just let it go dude. Not worth it. South Africa have lost their first series in 9 years. This is a tremendous feat.

Losing always sucks, and I know it's easier for me to say as a neutral but we just have to accept it and move on.

We don't have a lot of South African fans on this forum unfortunately so I am always interested to hear new perspectives, but going over and over again over this is not achieving anything.
okay i will stop

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Oh please.

Okay thats it, i hope there is a situation where your team gets put in when its overcast and damp and gets rolled out for 66 or 51 and then when the oppositions bats its warm sunny conditions. Then we will see the true colours.
Like Durban 1996???

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
So what happened in the 4th innings. How did it become better?

Clearly arguing with ***** and OS on this topic gives you licence to call them "those Indian fans who can't handle a loss". They can just fine. If you don't believe me, check out the tour threads where India lost in the last 3-4 years.

Not to forget OS's own jinxing is what got RSA the series win against us in RSA in the first place... :p And we all remember *****'s heel turn in the BD tour, a la HBK against Hogan..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Just going to say this out here. I can understand RSA fans being annoyed. I get annoyed and feel its unfair when we get beaten on tracks where we do not have players to make a difference on. Same has happened to RSA here. BUT, when you let it go, you will realize this is what happens in international cricket today. Everyone can waaaahhh all they want (and Vaughan is an a-class a-hole on twitter anyways) but nothing is going to change that. As long as the pitch was not actually dangerous and did not make it completely in favor of one side (which is what would have happened had the track been flat on days 1 and 2 and then became this) it was a fair cricket match. This was that and RSA lost. They batted brilliantly today and maybe the pitch did slow down but this is what both sets of batsmen should have tried to do from the beginning. Batting defensively and taking the game deeper would have definitely made a difference and both teams had players with the caliber to do that but unfortunately, they, just like most of the posters here, have just been too blinded by T20 cricket and definitions of the unreal notions like the "ideal" cricket pitch and let the demons enter their heads and paid the price.

Yes this was an unfair wicket in the sense that it suited India's strength by a huge margin but that is how most teams play at home these days. RSA, to their credit, have competed well and even won in such conditions before. I remember Waahs all around when Kolkata 2010 happened as well but trust me this wicket brought RSA into the game much more than that pitch. If your boys batted decently in the first dig (and they didn't, it was harakiri) you were this close to winning this match and levelling the series. South Africa compete better than anyone away from home mainly because they are one team who do not waaahhh all the time when tough conditions are presented to them. I can see it breaking down already and maybe this is the real legacy of G Smith that your lot will miss from now. A strong man who can lead his team play the conditions as they are rather than as they imagine it to be and treat tough, even unfair, conditions as challenges.

FWIW, Dale Steyn here with Morkel could have well razed us for 150 in the first dig. RSA have been very very unfortunate with the injuries in this series. More than conditions and pitches, THAT is what has cost them.

ImpatientLime

International Regular
The fine print will tell you that the hosts were so wary of the best travelers in world cricket, they demanded surfaces even their own batsmen looked silly on. The toss played more of a role than is regarded as acceptable, and there was some reputation-saving resilience which came at just the right time. The footnotes will add that India's victory is not being received as the wholesome break from hegemony their 2001 triumph over Australia was, but as a hollow humbling of the current No.1s, who have proved themselves good enough to play on most pitches in the world.
dat salt
South Africa look for new fairytale as dream run ends | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
The posting from those that are flying the flag of the mob here is as cringeworthy as the pitch, it's understandable you don't want to feel that any credit is being taken away from the team you support after they win but let those that want to call a spade a spade reserve the right to do so. Reeks of such insecurity, as though the Indians have never complained of a poor pitch that hasn't suited them ever. The same Nagpur pitch in 2004 was criticized for having too much grass on it, a game which Australia went on to win and one where it was suspected Ganguly sat out because of the amount of grass on it. Even the Mohali pitch in this series was preceded by some cagey behaviour from the curator there who wasn't letting any one near the pitch a week before the game, this after Shastri complained about the pitch in the Mumbai ODI. To say there is nothing to it is just blatantly sticking the head in the sand.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
So nothing was said about what happened in 2008....
What the **** has 2008 got to with anything?

South Africa lost here and in the First Test and would've more than likely lost the Second but for rain. I'm even going to say they'll lose the Fourth regardless of who wins the toss. Maybe that should tell you more about the situation?

Last edited:

Shri

Mr. Glass
I think I would be great disappointed if my team was ranked number 1, toured another country and lost the series like this. Any cricket fan would be disappointed including Indian fans.
I think this is what people like you, Joe and others who are getting furious need to understand as well.
We didn't cry this hard when we got whitewashed in England on 2011 or Oz later. We raged at our own team's mistakes and they were nearing retirements or didn't have the technique to play away on those pitches. You have SA batsmen who are capable of great innings throwing their wickets away with idiotic shots and blame the conditions. Cry about that instead.