• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

G.I.Joe

International Coach
One of the reasons I have massive respect for South Africa, they're not going to prepare fast green-tops when India tour for "revenge". They will be disappointed but when a home team stacks the odds against you that high there's not much you can do.

India still had to play well to win though and they did that. You can't really say that India didn't deserve the win, they played on the same pitch after all.

Respect to both teams for mine. However disappointed by the pitch and the concept of pitch-doctoring in general.
What a pile of tosh. SA did that once and it backfired when they got rolled over by Shantakumaran Sreesanth.

Not India's fault that SA don't have an equivalent spinner.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Looking at the positive side, what this Test has achieved is expose those CWers who go off the scorecard instead of actually watching the game. Pratters, social, tec etc caught with their pants down.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
WTF GI Joe. I love how people can't accept opinions of others and try to malign them just because they disagree. Heh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I would say it is the other way around GI Joe. Most of the people who have defended the pitch have been Indians. Even former players have said the pitch is not good but you guys carry on taking potshots at those who disagree.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No one expects you to accept opinions you don't agree with. Your opinions seem as ridiculous to me. However, I am not taking potshots at you. The former players who all disagreed obviously did so because they are on payroll according to *****. The inability to hear criticism is funny and ridiculous.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I would say it is the other way around GI Joe. Most of the people who have defended the pitch have been Indians. Even former players have said the pitch is not good but you guys carry on taking potshots at those who disagree.
noted indians howe, furball and welalbi (iirc)

Looks like Team NRI just got stronger

Teja.

Global Moderator
Last series outside the subcontinent he averaged 49 a few months ago :wub:
You really don't get it.

It's accepted that a spinner's job in 2015 is to turn up and go through a side when the conditions are helpful and be a holding bowler when they're not.

Ashwin is the best in the world at this role

You don't expect Ashwin to take 5-66 in the first innings in Adelaide, you expect him to do it on helpful pitches and Ashwin exceeds expectations by taking 7-66. We'd gladly rather have a spinner who's a wrecking ball and the best home bowler in the world and a holding spinner lacking penetration away as opposed to a decent/mediocre spinner both home/away due to the nature of the pitches we have. Test teams are picked for the conditions and not in a vacuum, when you're trying to pick a middle order bat out of prospects in Australia, being able to play bounce and pace is more important than being able to play on low spinning tracks, that's an inherent acknowledgment that the player will play half his games in Australia and therefore those skills are more important. It's the same with Ashwin.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's an Indian thing

Cricket fan says the pitch is poor and he/she is disappointed that the match will be a let down

Indian fan takes it as a personal insult and feigns indignation

Indian fan is then exasperated when team cant replicate same results overseas and trolls players

Wash/rinse/recycle

Daemon

Nah Teja, you get wickets in India simply by being a spinner. Just like how Lyon did on his last tour here.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
It's an Indian thing

Cricket fan says the pitch is poor and he/she is disappointed that the match will be a let down

Indian fan takes it as a personal insult and feigns indignation

Indian fan is then exasperated when team cant replicate same results overseas and trolls players

Wash/rinse/recycle
Yep, I agree. It's quite pathetic.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
No one expects you to accept opinions you don't agree with. Your opinions seem as ridiculous to me. However, I am not taking potshots at you. The former players who all disagreed obviously did so because they are on payroll according to *****. The inability to hear criticism is funny and ridiculous.
Oh, really? You guys have formed an opinion off the scorecards and absolutely refuse to consider that you might be completely off the mark here. And now you're accusing others of the faults you display. The irony couldn't get ironier.

And if you've actually watched the game, I have to seriously question your ability to read the game.

I don't know what makes social/pratters/tec's defensiveness funnier - the fact that they can't watch the ball off a pitch or that they actually can but nevertheless want to obstinately hold on to an initially misformed opinion because they can't bear to admit that they were wrong.

OverratedSanity

One of the reasons I have massive respect for South Africa, they're not going to prepare fast green-tops when India tour for "revenge". They will be disappointed but when a home team stacks the odds against you that high there's not much you can do.

India still had to play well to win though and they did that. You can't really say that India didn't deserve the win, they played on the same pitch after all.

Respect to both teams for mine. However disappointed by the pitch and the concept of pitch-doctoring in general.
You have no idea do you? We'd love it if sa produced greentops. That's how we won those tests on the 2006 and 2011 tours. Because greentops bring our pacers into the game and reduce the gap in quality compared to Steyn/philander /morkel. It's also how we won at Lord's in 2014. In fact most Indian victories overseas have come on pitches of those kind. Pitches where we get destroyed are those which help the bowlers but only reward excellent pace bowling, which we don't have. So bring on the greentops I say.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
oh, really? You guys have formed an opinion off the scorecards and absolutely refuse to consider that you might be completely off the mark here. And now you're accusing others of the faults you display. The irony couldn't get ironier.

And if you've actually watched the game, i have to seriously question your ability to read the game.

I don't know what makes social/pratters/tec's defensiveness funnier - the fact that they can't watch the ball off a pitch or that they actually can but nevertheless want to obstinately hold on to an initially misformed opinion because they can't bear to admit that they were wrong.
we watched the match as it shown live on foxtel

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Oh, really? You guys have formed an opinion off the scorecards and absolutely refuse to consider that you might be completely off the mark here. And now you're accusing others of the faults you display. The irony couldn't get ironier.

And if you've actually watched the game, I have to seriously question your ability to read the game.

Did watch. I refuse to accept I am wrong and you refuse to accept you are wrong. Only one 'group' is attacking others though. You are just taking your opinion as absolute truth. A lot of former players have also criticised the pitch. Do you question their ability to read the game too? People are bound to have different views. If we were all to have the same view, it would be quite boring.