• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Really good over first up from Elgar.

faaark, first false shot I've seen from Vijay for ages

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Really good over first up from Elgar.

faaark, first false shot I've seen from Vijay for ages
I don't even think it was a false shot, the ball literally shot off through the rough and spun, staying low in the process.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't see Morkel or Rabada bowling again in this innings! I`m just surprised that Elgar keeps getting first chance ahead of both Tahir and Duminy, must be some plan but can`t see it yet.

Last edited:

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Maybe im clutching at straws here, but the nice thing about this pitch is the turn is consistent, so south africa might find it easier to bat here then in mohali, where some would turn and some wouldnt

StephenZA

You made comments about under prepared spinning Indian pitches, which is equally baseless and false, that's my point.
I commented that this pitch was under-prepared, worse than Mohali... which appears is the general consensus by most of the pundits and watches. I expected better pitches from this Indian tour, better competition between bat and ball.

Maybe im clutching at straws here, but the nice thing about this pitch is the turn is consistent, so south africa might find it easier to bat here then in mohali, where some would turn and some wouldnt
Possibly, but Indian spinners have much better variation so not much hope...

There goes the first wicket to the world class spin of Elgar!

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I commented that this pitch was under-prepared, worse than Mohali... which appears is the general consensus by most of the pundits and watches. I expected better pitches from this Indian tour, better competition between bat and ball.
Its just a simple case of people getting use to India shelling out roads towards the end of 2000's so opposition teams got a false sense of security that they could do well in India. Thankfully we finally decided to provide true Indian pitches and now everyone's throwing their toys out.

Also there is perfectly good competition between bat and ball, the quality batsmen have stepped up and scored, the rest have fallen.

StephenZA

Its just a simple case of people getting use to India shelling out roads towards the end of 2000's so opposition teams got a false sense of security that they could do well in India. Thankfully we finally decided to provide true Indian pitches and now everyone's throwing their toys out.
Maybe this is true, but I still don't think its a good test cricket wicket... and I personally don't see it helping India test cricket team improve, in the long run.

Also there is perfectly good competition between bat and ball, the quality batsmen have stepped up and scored, the rest have fallen.
40 wickets in 3 days of the Mohali test, sorry I don't consider that good balance. Bengaluru was a better wicket, SA just batted like sh*t...