• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Gavaskar : "It will be terribly difficult to bat first. Batting last will be virtually impossible"

Haha should be a fun match.

Last edited:

Daemon

Rohit for Aaron is huge. Makes the batting so strong that Ashwin could potentially bat at 10 (assuming they persist with Mishra coming ahead of him)

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the XI btw. Rohit, mishra in, Binny, Aaron out. Perfect.
1 fast bowler in a test lineup... great way to build a quality world class test team.

Gavaskar : "It will be terribly difficult to bat first. Batting last will be virtually impossible"

Haha should be a fun match.
I never expected the Indians to under-prepare a pitch worse than Mohali...; the look of happiness on Kohli`s face said it all when he won the toss.

Rohit for Aaron is huge. Makes the batting so strong that Ashwin could potentially bat at 10 (assuming they persist with Mishra coming ahead of him)
Not really that surprising considering the wicket... do you really think that Aaron was going to make any difference, going to open the bowling with Ashwin anyway.

Yes, I`m slightly bitter as I really hoped for a good series in India.... regardless of who wins this (India obviously most likely, after toss) but these are f*k wickets, not because they are spinning, but because there is nothing good about them for a good game of cricket.
I hope by some miracle SA can pull this one off just to send a middle finger out to Mr Shastri and BCCI

PS: Yes, this is my waahh for the match, I won't mention the pitch again during this test...

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
SA got bowled out on a flat day one wicket on Bangalore, Saffas suck against spin, regardless of whether it actually spins or not, it's as simple as that.

StephenZA

SA got bowled out on a flat day one wicket on Bangalore, Saffas suck against spin, regardless of whether it actually spins or not, it's as simple as that.
B*llsh*t. 1 innings does not does not make what you want to believe to be true, true!

And anyway why the state of the pitches then, why not just make them flat?

OverratedSanity

Dhawan's going to chop it on to the stumps soon. Can't keep playing horizontal bat shots when the ball isn't bouncing from a short length.

Daemon

This is not very good bowling is it. Pitch has got nothing but the areas they're bowling in aren't helping. Way too straight.

StephenZA

This is not very good bowling is it. Pitch has got nothing but the areas they're bowling in aren't helping. Way too straight.
Classic case of trying to hard, I think, going to straight and then pushing wide... Vijay has been in good touch and punishing them...

StephenZA

lmao, but your baseless comments make it true?
I made no comment how good or bad we are at playing spin... there are players in the SA line-up that play spin well and have proved it over the years, around the world. There is some young/inexperienced players who have come up against a top spinners who are struggling in tough conditions. Your comment of "Saffas suck against spin"... is a generic comment about all SA batsmen that does not stand up to scrutiny.

Last edited:

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I made no comment how good or bad we are at planning spin... there is players in the SA line-up that play spin well and have proved it over the years, around the world. There is some young/inexperienced players who have come up against a top spinners who are struggling in tough conditions. Your comment of "Saffas suck against spin"... is a generic comment about all SA batsmen that does not stand up to scrutiny.
You made comments about under prepared spinning Indian pitches, which is equally baseless and false, that's my point.