• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

cnerd123

likes this
Ganguly will play politics better this time, and throw Chappell out with the help of all senior guys in the team.
Just stop. How do you not understand that the more you try to be clever and funny, the less people like you. You're not good at this.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just stop. How do you not understand that the more you try to be clever and funny, the less people like you. You're not good at this.
This post is a bit ****ty but I do sort of agree that weldone is a much better poster when he's articulating his views than he is when he's trying to get one over people, and it's not just because the former is a more noble pursuit.

cnerd123

likes this
A lot of the flack weldone copes has to do with playing the poster and not the post, but he doesn't help himself by being flat out terrible at banter. If he was actually witty and didn't come across as an obnoxious 8 year old who keeps flogging a dead joke, then maybe people would lay off him a bit.

As it stands he takes a funny joke/meme/exchange and ruins it with terrible humour and bad attitude. Kills the vibe.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Ganguly and KP are the 2 characters that suit me best.

I'd say Kohli too, but Jono will kill me if I say so.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
weldone is fine when talking cricket. Terrible at humour though and was annoying af on CricSim, which is why I always insult him.

Another reason for making anti weldone posts is getting that guaranteed like from marc ftr.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
weldone is fine when talking cricket. Terrible at humour though and was annoying af on CricSim, which is why I always insult him.

Another reason for making anti weldone posts is getting that guaranteed like from marc ftr.
Don't discuss filthy forums like cricsim here.

StephenZA

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Going off topic again...
It looks like Steyn is definitely out (until they give him a fitness test 15min before start of play!). And news on wicket tells me that we will most likely play 2 spinners.... thus SA team most likely- Elgar, Stiaan, Faf, Amla, ABD, Duminy, Vilas, Harmer, Rabada, Morkel, Tahir. I pick Rabada over Abbott as he has done fantastically on tour so keep him going (and I just don't rate Abbott).

As an out of the box idea I would take the risk (particularly with Elgar and Duminy in team) to drop Harmer for Bavuma...., a 2nd, but very unlikely, possibility is they drop Vilas, AB keeps and bring in Bavuma.... I just have this feeling they may want the extra batsmen in the team.

I was looking forward to this test series so very much and we have only had 4/10 days play.... I hope we can at least now get another 8/10 days for the rest of the series.

cnerd123

likes this
Don't think India need 8 days to win the next two matches tbh :ph34r:

Bavuma in for Harmer would make sense, with Duminy/Tahir/Elgar sharing spin duties.

Marius

International Debutant
Going off topic again...
It looks like Steyn is definitely out (until they give him a fitness test 15min before start of play!). And news on wicket tells me that we will most likely play 2 spinners.... thus SA team most likely- Elgar, Stiaan, Faf, Amla, ABD, Duminy, Vilas, Harmer, Rabada, Morkel, Tahir. I pick Rabada over Abbott as he has done fantastically on tour so keep him going (and I just don't rate Abbott).

As an out of the box idea I would take the risk (particularly with Elgar and Duminy in team) to drop Harmer for Bavuma...., a 2nd, but very unlikely, possibility is they drop Vilas, AB keeps and bring in Bavuma.... I just have this feeling they may want the extra batsmen in the team.

I was looking forward to this test series so very much and we have only had 4/10 days play.... I hope we can at least now get another 8/10 days for the rest of the series.
That's not a bad idea.

The Vilas experiment seems to have been a failure - unless he does something spectacular in the next two Tests Quinnie will be back behind the stumps on 26 December.

Duminy's days must also be numbered though, he hasn't done much for a while now.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Duminy is a very valuable player for SA imo. Almost as good as any other spinner in the side, plus batting. Allows the luxury of a Steyn-Philander-Morkel-Rabada attack in December which would be brilliant.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah.. you gotta try your best to win away but I honestly think the way international cricket is going these days, you have to bloody well ensure that your best side is out there for your home tests and keep up a strong home record.